Free printable invitations

victoriamarie
victoriamarie Posts: 55 Forumite
edited 25 January 2016 at 1:17PM in Weddings & anniversaries
I don't know if this site has been posted before but I came accross it recently and it has some beautiful vintage style invitation templates you can download and print yourself. Each design comes in a few different colours too. Enjoy x

http://www.loveandlavender.com/downloads/

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• Kinski
    Kinski Posts: 874
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I'm doing the invitations for my daughters wedding next year and that site will come in very handy, thank you.

Terri
  • wow amazing, one day i will get married and have saved these for myself - anyone heard about the asda wedding?
    http://money.uk.msn.com/credit-crunch-survival-guide/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=152282274
    I don't know if this site has been posted before but I came accross it recently and it has some beautiful vintage style invitation templates you can download and print yourself. Each design comes in a few different colours too. Enjoy x

http://www.loveandlavender.com/downloads/

[threadbanner] box [/threadbanner]
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks OP for the invite link.

angelface my bridesmaid is having the asda bridesmaid dress (I paid £30 rather than the £28 in that article), but I have to warn you the quality isn't fantastic - it has caused me quite a lot of stress, as the zip isn't finished off properly at the top, so it rubs under her arm, and the corsage looked like a piece of rolled up toilet roll. I could have sent it back, but was sure I wouldn't find anything for that price elsewhere, so my Mum has helped to alter the zip part. Fingers crossed when my BM tries it on, it won't rub so much. I removed the corsage, and will be replacing it with a different one. Don't know if the bride's dress is ok, as I've not seen it, but be aware that the quality may not be there.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • Hi, I saw the post regarding downloadable invites but I'm not sure how Im supposed to download them. I've been onto the link and clicked the one Im interested in but nothing happens. Could anyone please advise, would be so grateful. With many thanks:)
  • After you have clicked on it and it goes on to the next page, scroll down and it says 'download xxxx suite' Click that and then just open/save
  • Please ignore previous questionm I've now worked out how to download it. My next question is I wanted to add some text on a save the date card, but I can only save it as a pdf which I can't obviously add text to. I can't see anywhere of being able to enter text? Does anyone know how you would do this please. Many thanks
  • thanks TamVilla80 for your quick response, I was planning to have our save the date cards and invites printed, but h2b says we should do them ourselves so am trying it out to see if I could.
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    hi cypreus can you go into powerpoint open the file with your pdf. Then go to a new word file copy and paste your words into a text box in power point i think thats how i did it. If that not it i will ask my other half.

You need to choose the font in word as well :)
  • Thanks Maysie for your advice, Im afraid Im not very good at technical things like PDF's etc so don't think I'll be able to do it. I don't have powerpoint on my computer either so wouldn't be able to do unless at work. I did all my wedding invites, order of service, menu, rsvps etc when I first got married 10 years ago and I remmber how much time and hard work it was, I think I may just do something simple in word myself for our 'save the date' cards and then maybe pay to have the rest done, will see. But thank you for your advice, much appreciated.
  • RickieFlack
    RickieFlack Posts: 20
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If your going to use the templates you either need to be able to edit .PDF (Adobe Acrobat docs) or print them twice.

Most of us will have to print twice, print one sheet after opening it, see if your PDF reader allows you to print 2 per page, shuffle the layout or whatever as the size of your chosen one might not be a full A4 page so rather than waste nice wedding invite paper (try a stationeries shop for a good linen finish or whatever takes your fancy) see if you can get 2 per page then get a ruler out and measure up where you can put text.

Next, this is the good bit, create your page to match what you have printed but only with the text bit where it should go on the finished product.

You'll probably need something that does desktop publishing rather than MS Word or something keyed to just do text on a page, so you can move it around freely (there's some mentioned in the free stuff bit on the site).

Then run the page that you printed with the design through again for the text to be printed, this will probably take a bit of playing with till your happy so use standard printer paper.

If you can edit PDF's though be happy the security settings on the files are open so you can edit directly :D

Hope that helps - as I know the feeling I'm in the same boat this year, but lucky I've got a bit of experience lets say on this sort of thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure