Cardsgone.com Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Little_Otter
    Options
    Thanks - ive done mine and Oh's cards - Harvey Nichols is missing
    Trainee Wakeboarder, Fashion and celebrity devotee!
  • sablade
    sablade Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it now works whatever you have done the right hand list has now come up
    If you dont ask for discount you don't get discount
  • markray007
    markray007 Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    This is a great idea. fantastic! Many thanks.

Mark:beer::beer::beer:
    One by one the penguins steal my sanity.
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2010 at 2:47PM
    Options
    DON'T click the email link to suggest new cards until you are finished. It opens in the same window, (or at least it did for me), and I lost all the details I'd put in. Not the end of the world, but a slight pain to have to re-do them.

Also, I needed to edit the email address which the link inserted, as it appeared with the 'mail to' prefix. I didn't notice this until after I had pressed send, so of course it was rejected and yahoo helpfully wiped the message without saving it to drafts. Just a heads-up.

This is an excellent tool, though. A big pat on the back to whoever thought it up. It will save me a lot of the time I used to spend doing this manually before going on holiday, and is also a great piece of back-up for everyday, particularly if you find it hard to read the tiny phone numbers on the back of the cards.

SUGGESTIONS:

1. Add a new column for General Enquiries/Customer Services. Then this could double as a one-stop phone book for contacting all your banks and credit card companies - without the need for a magnifying glass!
    2. Add a link to www.saynoto0870.com, and save money as well as time.

Cheers guys!

Marigold

EDIT: Oops sorry, there is a saynoto0870 link; it's down the left hand side with the tips and advice.
    A penny saved is a penny gained
  • momist
    momist Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for such a useful tool! This could give me additional peace of mind.

However, when entering my cards I made a mistake, and when I went to hit the "remove" button against the erroneous card, a different card was removed. I tried again and again, and each time it was not the one I wanted to remove, but some random other one. I ended up removing them all and starting again, since I couldn't remember which ones were now missing. :mad:

Nevertheless, a great tool to have available. :T
  • ~Brock~
    ~Brock~ Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could you have come up with a better name for the website - it sounds like a bleedin' 'wipe off your debt' claims management company :eek:
  • Span1976
    Span1976 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Seems useful :beer:

Small spelling error on the 'store electronically' section - it reads:

Important we don't store any personal details, you link is just to a set of cards and phone numbers.

I'm guessing you is suppose to be your...
  • IT_Geek_2
    Options
    Found a brillant iPhone app called Quick Cancel UK , this is very cool and easy to use.. best thing is it's FREE.. a must have iphone app.

5 Stars *****

IT Geek
  • Short_Circuit
    Options
    I downloaded the Quick Cancel iPhone App and it does seem to be a little more user friendly than the utility found here. Go and check it out.

~~
    Short Circuit
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    edited 20 April 2010 at 9:07AM
    Options
    I think it's terrible they haven't put Sygmas phone number up there yet.. they are just as reputable and recognisable credit card lender as any other.

Does MSE staff not like Sygma or their credit cards? There's never any mention of them in any article or anywhere else on the site.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure