Ward Hendry informal class photos

Just wondered what opinions people had on this informal style of class photo?

For those who don't know, the company take very Venture style photos. Groups of 3 or 4 kids from the same class have their photo taken playing together and then all the groups are photoshopped together onto the same picture

Can't seem to find any examples online
Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?

Comments

• sare_2
    sare_2 Posts: 303 Forumite
    Haven't heard of Ward Henry, but Tempest do the same thing. Just had it done at the school I work at, and I have to say, I was impressed. Made the usual stuffy class photos much more fun and interesting.
  • We have had these for the last two years and are lovely.

They all casually pose, some on the floor, others with arms on others shoulders and teachers still in the middle with children gathered round them.

Taken in groups of 5/6 then put together in a line.
  • Our school has just done these and although they are fun, I didn't like them enough to buy one.

For a start they are quite a bit larger than the normal school photo and buying a frame would be trickier. Most people seemed to buy the framed version which would have made it more expensive.

The decider was that the group that my son was photographed in are all quite a bit shorter than him so he was hunched over which looked odd and none of them were friends of his.

I'm not sure if the school are going to do it again next year, the feedback was mixed.
  • pinkpig08
    pinkpig08 Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2010 at 10:14AM
    My sons school has just done these. I like them, although as mentioned before it depends whether your child is actually with their friends! Ours also says 'Class of 2010' on the photo which is very Americanised.

Edit: Gemmy - it's similar to that - the kids are in groups of 5 or 6 and a couple have their arms around each others shoulders, a couple have their arms folded and stand back to back etc. Then the 4 or 5 photos which make up the class are all put together on 1 photo. 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom on ours, all on an angle.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked :)
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My son had one of these taken in yr 7 ~ it was the lads in his Rugby team and it's a lovely shot!

I bought it, bought a frame and gave it to my Dad from my son for his birthday, he loves it.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is it something like this you mean?

http://www.ward-hendry.com/flash.html

Sorry, click portraits, then freestyle and it will show.
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    shellsuit wrote: »
    Is it something like this you mean?

http://www.ward-hendry.com/flash.html

Sorry, click portraits, then freestyle and it will show.

That's the one!

I couldn't navigate away from the ward hendry home page last night for some reason
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Jo_R_2
    Jo_R_2 Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    We've just had these done too, hadn't seen class photos in that style but really liked it! I was a bit confused when I asked DD1 about her class piccy as she'd said they only went in in groups of 4/5 but when I saw the photo it made sense. It's quite aesthetically pleasing, they grouped together the girls in check dresses separately from those in blouses and skirts/trousers so it flows really well, as well as the unusual poses.

IIRC the 'basic' class photo without frame is £10 so a little more pricey than you might be used to.
    Dealing with my debts!
    Currently overpaying Virgin cc -
    balance Jan 2010 @ 1985.65
    Now @ 703.63
  • Kelinik
    Kelinik Posts: 3,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We've had these this year, the school said they were going with something different as it's their 50th anniversary this year - not so different after all it seems!
    :heart2: Mumma to DD 13yrs, DD 11yrs & DS 3 yrs. :heart2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport