Calls from 01656672900

Hi,

Does anyone know what company this number 01656672900 belongs to?

If it belongs to Talktalk how is the best way to stop them from calling.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    It's Talk Talk.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/01656672900
    I also put my number into TalkTalk's availibility checker a few days ago and have had three marketing calls form them since then, including the one today from 01656672900. I'm registered with the Telephone Preference Service so I shouldn't receieve any unsolicited calls. I've made a complaint to the TPS but really, TalkTalk have sunk to a real low if they are abusing their availibility checker in this way.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • TimBear
    TimBear Posts: 808 Forumite
    http://www.ukphonelookup.co.uk/01656672900-phone-number

Looks like TalkTalk.

You either need to ask them to unsubscribe you (but this often isn't very effective with callers like these), or ask your telephone provider for 'Choose to Refuse' service, which will allow you to block any incoming calls from up to ten numbers. There is sometimes a charge for this service though.

Hope this helps.
  • Hi,

Thanks for your replies,

What is the best way to ask them to stop calling phone them up or write to them?
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    No, you misundertsand. It's Talk Talk. They don't stop calling just because you want them to. Who do you think you are?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz,

So you are saying that no one has had success in asking TalkTalk to stop phoning them then?
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    The's a post in Praise,Vents & Warnings about a family that had Talk Talk 'reps' doing door to door selling on Christmas day...Talk Talk got the rule book,ripped it up & wrote their version of it & screw everyone else!!!
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Did the OP put there phone number in to the Talk Talk Broadband checker?

If yes, it states in small print just under the box;

Please be aware that if you use the speed checker, TalkTalk will call you to discuss your broadband requirements.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    good luck getting talk talk to stop only way I got them to stop was leaving them, I tod them upteen times to stop pestering me

They did me a favour in the end and now save money on Primus
  • I've emailed TalkTalk this afternoon and asked for them to remove me from their marketing list, they have said that they are looking into it and will get back to me shortly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure