Cadbury world

i am looking into an overnight trip to cadbury world maybe staying at the west mead hotel next month for my daughters 13th birthday. i would love to hear from anyone who has been or if u have different hotel recomendations with parking on site. also what else there is to do in that area.

Comments

• any comments/opinions would be appreciated
  • Hi, we stayed in Birmingham at the Premier Inn which was fabulous, very close to the town. I'd recommend Birmingham for wandering/shops. There's museums and beautiful canals etc.

Cadbury world is a great day out, omg they give you SO much chocolate on the way round, that even my children had to save some for later!

Lots of activities and things to see, good little potted history of the brand and the products.

Premier Inn has parking on site. :) Have fun. :)
  • Been to cadburys world 8 or nine times now in the last couple of years STILL love it everytime...and a visit to Essence YUM!!!
    Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
    :p
  • One accommodation venue worthy of note is Woodbrooke. This is the former family home of George Cadbury and offers bed and breakfast, half & full board.
  • just wanted to report back about our trip. We stayed at Maypole Travelodge in the end which was a 10 min drive from Bournville, which is a cute little village. There were plenty of local ammenites, sainsbury across the road from the travelodge, a kfc subway local chinese co-op and aldi. Cadbury world is definately worth a visit. Hope this is helpful or of interst to anyone planning to go
  • Jem8472
    Jem8472 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2013 at 5:34PM
    Sounds like you had a nice time, I enjoyed my visit to Cadbury world a few years ago
    Jeremy
    Married 9th May 2009
  • ragecake
    ragecake Posts: 189 Forumite
    Wait, hold the phone, Im a serious chocoholic, and they do....TICKETS TO THE STAFF SHOP!?
    Oh my.

Can anyone clarify this?!
  • Jem8472
    Jem8472 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    I changed my post as I read the last post wrong and thought the OP still was yet to visit.

When we visited in 2011 and they did tickets to the staff shop, just had to get there early and ask about them.
    Jeremy
    Married 9th May 2009
  • I live quite locally and the Westmead is a very nice hotel. There is a nice pub within walking distance called the Hopwood Arms, which does very nice food and not too expensive. You are just on the outskirts of Birmingham. I personally would look at getting the train from Northfield and then getting off at Bournville which is the stop for Cadbury world. I am not sure if you have to pay to park though.
    Have a lovely time, Cadbury World is great.
    Wins 2014 - £100 John Lewis Vouchers, Personalised Razor, Aunt Bessies Oven Glove. Good food show tickets. Forever Friends Bear.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure