Marriott's 'Look No Further' best price guarantee

Comments

• grovenor
    grovenor Posts: 14 Forumite
    that's brilliant! I never thought I'd get such a great tip for a (dare I say) posh brand! I've booked on marriott for a wedding I'm going to and sent in a claim cos it's £5 cheaper on ebookers and they throw in breakfast - lets see what they say!

Just a quick question tho - do you know what happens if it's not the whole stay that is cheaper? It is only the second two nights that are cheaper and the 1st is actually more expensive. I figure I can always cancel and book the nights separetely if that is the only way I'll get my 25% off but thought I'd try with the whole thing first.

thanks for the tip!
  • GlennTheBaker
    GlennTheBaker Posts: 2,974 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi grovenor.

If one of the nights is more expensive on Ebookers, book that night separately (if possible) and just claim for the ones which are cheaper. If and when your claim has been agreed, simply ask Marriott Central Reservations to 'join' the 2 reservations together to prevent the need for you to check out and check in again mid-stay.
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • GlennTheBaker
    Another tip - make sure you compare the total cost of a stay as well as the individual nightly rate. Since my successful claim for the last 2 nights of my Prague trip, the Marriott site now lists the rate as 119 Euro which is the same as on Expedia.de. However, the Expedia rate includes tax, the Marriott rate does not so the Expedia rate is still cheaper!
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    if you try and compare a rate that includes breakfast, marriott will match it against the rate that doesnt. If one night is cheaper, they will match the cheap rate for that night only and knock 25% of that night only and not the whole booking.
  • GlennTheBaker
    if you try and compare a rate that includes breakfast, marriott will match it against the rate that doesnt. If one night is cheaper, they will match the cheap rate for that night only and knock 25% of that night only and not the whole booking.

This is why a bit of detective work is needed prior to making the reservation. Plug your dates and hotel choice into Ebookers and Expedia. Sometimes (as I did) you will see that one has some of the nights cheaper than Marriott and sometime the other will. You should book the nights separately if necessary and submit claims accordingly depending on which of the competitors has the best rate for that night (or block of nights).

In my case, for my Prague trip, the dates from 22-25 May were cheaper on Ebookers and the 25-27 May were cheaper on Expedia. I made 2 reservations, submitted 2 claims and then, when the claims had been agreed, asked Marriott to join the 2 reservations together.
  • grovenor
    grovenor Posts: 14 Forumite
    It worked! I got a rate of £99 without brekkie reduced to £79 with brekkie! bargain!

Also - I don't know if they did it by mistake but they have reduced all three nights that I'm staying rather than just the two that were cheaper elsewhere.... i'm not complaining! all my friends are jumping on the bandwagon now before they reduce the price on the website!

Thanks Mr Bakerman!
  • GlennTheBaker
    Well done, grovenor! :T

Where and when are you staying?
  • Christal_2
    Christal_2 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Well done Glenn and TBeckett, after EJH changed their T&C and obviously climb down on the price I have really start feeling bored as it's getting more and more difficult to find a good deal. But you have found a great project for me, off to find something in the autumn.
  • GlennTheBaker
    Getting silly now - I noticed last night that the total price on https://www.find-rooms.com for my stay at the Marriott Eaton Centre in Toronto had gone down to £268 inclusive of all taxes. I re-booked my room on Marriott.com (at the best available rate of CDN $224 per night, average) and submitted a claim. I have received a reply which states my new rate is CDN $97.10 per night before tax, approx £44.12. The total cost of my stay, including tax, is now CDN $442.78, around £201.17 rather than the £464 if booking on Marriott.com only. :money:
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    unlike the easyjethotels, I can see this is going to be an expensive hobby. just off topic, the double difference guarantee on car parking is looking slow. no reply despite 3 emails now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure