Wednesday 5th December - What small DFW things will you do today?

Comments

• Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 1:19PM
    Afternoon all,

Thanks for starting us off NTBY, sorry to hear you're still all over the place but don't be so hard on yourself as it's understandable, remember to take care of yourself instead of just the pennies & everyone else! You'll be no good to anyone if you make yourself ill over it, get plenty of sleep as that'll help you relax better too.
    RFTA - Blimey you've got a busy day planned!! You remember to take care of yourself too!
    StressedSteph - I don't know I'm afraid, but there's one way to find out! Make some & see how it goes.
    Jonno - Fingers crossed today is the day! Eat a curry or something :rotfl:

Today I have/will:-
    • Most food from stores
    • Made use of free water & milk at work
    • Leftovers for lunch
    • I'm on a half day today but came straight home after work rather than "just popping to town" to avoid spending
    • Dinner is going to have to be bought out today but looking at cheap options, maybe the King of the Day from BK?
    • Charged phone at work
    • Heating off as long as possible, lots of layers!
    • Daily clicks etc on Sw@gbucks, I have 666 now :eek:
    • Log calories using free app
    • Check online banking
    • Surveys
    • Declutter & flylady
    • Check for new mystery shopping opportunities
    • Enter some comps
    • Sort out items to return to New L00k - NEED to do this today or else you all have my permission to judge me terribly!
    • Wrap some presents if I get time
    • Hopefully be cheeky & park at work when we go back to town later as it's free & close enough to the train station, depends if there is space though
    • Ring Mr T's photo & see if there's any chance my order can be done before Tuesday - it never used to take that long & I need it by the weekend, eek!
    • Read Martin's email
    • Catch up with yesterday's thread
    Have a great, MSE day everyone x
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • kjp
    kjp Posts: 428
    First Post
    Forumite
    Afternoon everyone!

*skulks back in*

Been away for absolutely ages, moved out, car broke, Christmas appeared out of nowhere - have been very unDFW but back on the wagon now! Need to stop using CC apart from for petrol (budgeted for so I get clubcard points) as I keep dipping into it - pay it back every month but it's a vicious cycle I need to haul myself out of!

So, hugs to everyone who needs them and hello to old faces and new!

Today I have/will:
    Check banks - woeful considering it's only a week and a half since payday! DONE
    Check CC - has Debenhams refund gone back in NOT YET
    Check TCB
    Check Ebay to see if buyer from Sunday has paid up/if I have any new bids
    Buy last two Xmas presents with Ebay profits and transfer rest to bank to put into savings
    Re-setup EDF direct debit DONE
    Fill up £30 petrol on way to college
    Take mug to college with coffee in so not tempted by vending machine
    Breakfast/lunch from stores
    Drink some blimming water!
    Possibly treat myself to a chinese after college to celebrate getting my degree! - Not DFW-y but think it deserves a little treat!
    Find paying in book to pay in cheque from Nan for Xmas

Think that's it today - I will see you all tomorrow (or tonight at college if I'm bored!)

K xx
    House Fund: £2,800/£20,000 - 14%
  • Pernicious wrote: »
    RFTA - Blimey you've got a busy day planned!! You remember to take care of yourself too!

If I don't write everything down atm then I just forget about it :o - like the prescription. I've even had to start writing big notes & sticking them on the kitchen cupboard doors to remind myself about Appts :o.... not me at all so it must either be a side effect of my condition or the drugs I'm on :(

I won't get through 1/2 of them ........ about to head off for a sleep in just a mo!:)
    Some of you guys have really long lists, i feel rubbish with the length of my list:o.

Ohhhh don't Steph - as above, I have to write everything down just now ..... I am also a "list" person as I like to be able to cross things off .... and I've done it for years.

Your list is fine and if it helps you get on top of things that's brilliant :)

Ohhhh and lamb's kidney is one of my favourite things!:D
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 2:51PM
    [STRIKE]Balance Spreadsheet with online banking
    Tidy kitchen breakfast mess.
    Put on load of washing
    Lift out sausage meat for sausage rolls
    Figure out whats for dinner & lift meat out
    Condition & brush out new dried sheepskins
    Bake a cake for packed lunches[/STRIKE]

Job finally done, thanks for words of comfort, Rising. Not feeling overely energetic today so just achieving that list is going to have to be good enough.

Just had car tax reminder for January in the post. There goes my carefully laid out January budget :mad:.

(Yes I know I should be budgeting for car expenses but just spending the next couple of months digging our way out of Overdraft, before I want to start up any savings pots. Seems wrong to put money in savings pots when my Overdraft is exploding )

Oh well, off to rejig accounts and find £148.50 out of thin air ;)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    • Find camping stove & put somewhere handy (for power cuts)

Please make sure you only use it in a well ventilated area. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning kills. Link.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Afternoon

well iam home we had a good few days i only over spent buy £5.50 from my fun pot (ebay/amazon sales and 1p jar ) now saving for my next long weekend lol

god its freezing think my heating will need to stay on to warm the house

today todo
    washing
    do shopping list
    check banks
    tidy
    try for a early night save on the heating lol

have a great evening
    keep warm xxxxlppxx
    hugs to all that need them xxxxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • [STRIKE](Yes I know I should be budgeting for car expenses but just spending the next couple of months digging our way out of Overdraft, before I want to start up any savings pots. Seems wrong to put money in savings pots when my Overdraft is exploding )

Ohhhhh I've been having the same dilemma .... I have been putting money into pots all year but did raid them to prop up the ever increasing OD :o as I felt the same as you.

However, I've just transferred the amounts back to the pots - and the OD has therefore shot back up again :eek: - as I thought I'd end up in even more of a mess next year when annual bills became due.

At least the OD is one thing that I can see a total amount I need to pay back ... hopefully!;)
    well iam home we had a good few days i only over spent buy £5.50 from my fun pot (ebay/amazon sales and 1p jar ) now saving for my next long weekend lol

So pleased you have a lovely time & well done on the budget!:)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 6:09PM
    Hey all. :wave: Horrendous day today; let's see what's worth mentioning:

~Unlocked free LoveFilm account (employee benefit) so I can use it again and added ten films to wishlist.

~Looked in loft at new house. Found gloss paint and lots of useful and free DIY stuff.

~Booked a last minute long-weekend off work as holiday allowance expires end of 2012 and can't be carried over. :)
    Will put it to good use doing some more DFW-style DIY.

~Read Martin's email. (Link.)

~Use MSE shopping comparison site. (Link)

~Keep feet up on sofa. Air is colder at ground level.

OFFERS:

:xmassmile Terry's choc orange BOGOF in Tesco. (Link)

:xmassmile Free Pringles speaker competition on Facebook. (Link)

:xmassmile £10 train e-voucher. (Link)

:xmassmile Gifts for 50p at M&S. (Link)

:xmassmile Free Christmas Rom Com on Kindle through Amazon. (Link)

:xmassmile Lidl Weekend Offers 8 Dec/9 Dec: Strathvale Fresh Beef Mince 500g - was £2 now £1.00. Fresh Cucumbers - were 69p now 34p.

:xmassmile 50 gift ideas for under £5. (Link)

:xmassmile Free financial advice ebook. (Link)

:xmassmile Free Kindle boxsets available today and tomorrow only. (Link)

:xmassmile Free online Christmas cards sponsored by Aldi. (Link)

:santa2: Free Elf Yourself. Just for fun. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone :wave:

Poor NTBY :( Big hugs. I for one know exactly how you feel - I'm the same - when one thing goes my whole life seems to start going crazy. I know you can pull through it. I find yoga helps me - loads of breathing techniques and mindfulness/focussing on the present. Easier said than done I know.

I've spent the eve looking at insurance quotes... We've been offered a free car!!! How often does that happen?! But insurance is around £80 per month. Just don't know if we can :(

In other news...
    Got 2nd hand wardrobes up - are awesome :D
    Cheapo can of soup for lunch
    Cancelled home ins for cheaper Co with cashback
    Arranged meeting friends - suggested Leeds as the train there is only £9, not York or H'gate as they're £18-£20 - will spend the extra on lunch :D
    Visited 99p store for some cheapo dog treats

Need to get back into the swing of this small things malarkey. Work's been so busy that I've not had time to post :(
  • I had my interview today and was offered the job :j very happy with this although think I'm going to turn it down
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills