Archna's Free Game Of The Week: Gridlock

This one could definitely become an obsession. The aim of the game is to move the blocks around so you can free the dark grey block out of the grid. You can only move horizontal blocks left and right and vertical blocks up and down. To up the ante, see how few moves you can do it in. I'm currently only on level 13!

Link to the game: Gridlock

Thanks to Chetan for suggesting this one.

P.S. If you know of any other free games that you think MoneySavers might appreciate email: [EMAIL="freegame@moneysavingexpert.com"]freegame@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]

Archna

Note from Martin: Why it's Archna's Free Game of the Week

You'll notice that it's Archna's free game of the week, much like it's Andrea's Freebies. MSE Archna is a stalwart of the team, and in charge of making sure everything's organised, sorted, collated, checked, researched and generally spiffing in the e-mail - as well as being a seriously good researcher.

Sadly though, I noticed that occasionally she loses focus and catch her playing the games that we put at the end of the e-mail. She persuaded me this was part of her 'testing work' - so now it's an official part of her job. She gets to choose the games each week! Blame her if they're no good (and as for why her names in pink.... I'm really not sure!)

Comments

• arghh i'm stuck on level 11:confused:
  • managed level 24:T
  • Well I've made it to level 29, but just can't get past it!
  • jimsmum
    jimsmum Posts: 4,044 Forumite
    this is so addictive!
    I heart The Capital ;)
  • Only level 18 here
    Saving for a lovely summer holiday. Will it be Evesham or Egypt???
  • Played this game a few years ago, and it's as great as ever.

I'll email this as well, but I've been playing games from

http://www.onemorelevel.com

for a while - they have a new game pretty much every day, and they're all free.

My favourites are Castle Wars, Quarkzy, Bloons Tower Defence, Bloons and Hexiom. They all are mostly strategy and puzzle type games, but they have all sorts on there. Good games to accompany me lunch.

Cheers

Joe
  • Yayyyyy, I finished it. I'm all blocked out!

There are 40 levels, and some boggle the mind. But even though I had my doubts at times, there are geuine solutions to all the levels.

I suppose my tips would be that you should scan the level for a while and do some mental block shifting. There is generally one major problem block, usually a long vertical one, and because of it's size it's clear that it has to finish at the bottom half of the grid at some point for the blue block to pass.

If this doesn't work (the later levels especially) I found that when I got really stuck and seemed to have tried all solutions, I just randomly shifted some blocks around without giving it too much thought. It's surprising how often you'll stumble across a solution as certain blocks fall into place.

Enjoy for those still playing, it's a great satifaction when you finish, although I wouldn't want to do it again any time soon!
    My plan is to live for ever....so far so good
  • stuck on level 18 :confused:
    :A this web site is heavenly :A
  • For the 2 of you on level 18, below is a tip for the level (look away now if you don't want to see the result!)

Your finished grid looks like a 'b' on the left hand of the square. This is made up of the 4 light grey blocks. Within the space of the 'b' is a horizontal dark grey block. The other dark grey blocks should all be at the top of the grid. If you really get stuck I can give you a move by move.
    My plan is to live for ever....so far so good
  • This is great - remains me of 3d Logic which I loved too http://www.ebaumsworld.com/games/play/840/
    To infinity and beyond!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport