Problem with 'Great British Discounts'

Comments

• Aimee72 wrote: »
    Hi sarah,

I had a similar problem with the same prepaid card, but I'm happy to say i was able to get in touch with company and they were able to sort it out for me :j. I got hold of there customer service dept at 08000 394053 and explained the problem with receiving my card with no credit, they explained that they had experienced a issue with some of the cards and were working on it. they also provided me with an email address which i will pass on to you.
    You should contact customerservice@greatbritishdiscounts.co.uk

Hope this of help to you

regards
    Aimee

Hi All,
    If you are talking about the same company? use these details to get in touch with them and hopefully you will get sorted :) or go to their website and at the bottom click terms & conditions, that's where i got my info from.. i don't think its a scam as i and others have used the offers, but i now know to read the small print before joining any more programs.

Best wishes
    Aimee
  • Well, I had a message flash up after I placed my last order with Littlewoods. It said I could earn £30 cash back for being a loyal customer of Littlewoods and I just needed to fill out a form, including my bank details. It all seemed to be above board and it was full of Littlewoods logos, etc, so I presumed it was from them. Anyway, once I had completed the form and sent it through I ended up on a membership page to GBD. Not wanting anything to do with them, I emailed to cancel and the email bounced back. There is no email by that email address. So I called and called and called, but got no answer. I sent a letter to them and it got sent back unopened and undeliverable. In the meantime, BGD tried to take money from my account but failed because I had no money in my account at the time, (thank God)!! Six days later and I still can't contact anyone and I still can't cancel and they still have my bank account details!! I have contacted Littlewoods and I am waiting for a reply from them. I am absolutely livid!!! :mad:
  • KGB73
    KGB73 Posts: 21
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 18 November 2012 at 1:14PM
    so, I emailed GBD explaining I was concerned it was a scam (fro comments I'd come across) they replied with a really nice email however I have since emailed them asking for some sort of 'form' and confiration of my membership and explaination of the promised pre paid card - no reply! I emailed again, and again - no reply! They have my card details! I have no idea what I do next! I assumed I would receive the card after I applied (on very Web Site) it sees that there is more to the process, I'm just not aware of it! Please advice would be great! I can't believe a trusted site like Very advertises this!:(
  • KGB73
    KGB73 Posts: 21
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ..UPDATE - just tried to submit a form on their website - the reference number give when signed up to Very is not recognised This is clearly a scam - I think watchdog might be a good place to complain!
  • Here is my update...
    i manged to get though to them on 0800 096 2925 took forver to connect me keept saying concetion failed them put me back to start did not have press any numbers or anything but then eventualy it went into a que.
    spoke to a guy called joe walsh and he cancled it for me and i asked for email confim of this and was told i would get one.

lets see what happens now hope this helps some people like me

V00d00d
  • annie42
    annie42 Posts: 200
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I registered to claim £20 back after buying flights from Flybe not realizing I was subscribing to Great British Discounts who advertise on Flybe's site.They must have used the credit card details I had provided to Flybe and did not make it clear that I was doing anything other than claiming a discount voucher. I only discovered what I'd done when I spotted 3 payments of £14.95 on my credit card statements. I am surprised that Flybe are willing to be associated with such a disreputable company. I have cancelled my subscription and they have, strangely without argument, agreed to refund the payments charged to my credit card account. I have asked for email confirmation of this but am holding my breath having read other posts about this company. Will report back!
  • There are lot's of complaints about this company and this is just one site http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?36894-Great-British-Discounts .
    It does pay to Google before you sign up for anything.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
  • annie42
    Forumite
    Thanks I have already looked the legabeagles site. The way the offer was advertised and worded while I was still on the Flybe site and appeared immediately after making payment for the flights misled me into thinking it was a one off offer from Flybe. Am amazed Flybe allow them use of their site.
  • I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Signed up my details. No result. I can not get them to close my account or answer my emails. I can't even log into my account as it comes up with an error screen...

I have resorted to emailing VERY since I trusted them, they advertised this thing hence in my view as their customer they are partly responsible...

Lets see what happens next.
  • annie42
    Forumite
    I wasn't holding out much hope of GBD refunding the three payments I'd made after speaking to them but they have credited my account. Just have to check they have cancelled the DD now. Success!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure