Mobile contract dispute

2»

Comments

• JAYMARSH2005
    JAYMARSH2005 Posts: 2,718 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    it doesnt take them a second to cancel a contract, a click of a mouse is all it takes, they would be quick enough to cancel it if you didnt pay your bill but the people who pay there bills are treated worse. So what does that tell you
  • exactly, O2 owed me money and it took ages to get it off them but if was the other way round, they would have jumped through hoops to get it. I'd just stick at it and get asmuch as you can. I know they can be a pain in the back side on the phone. but at the end of the day it's your money their swiping
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Darklymoon wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice please?
    I signed up for an 18 month contract with vodafone in August 2005, i have paid it every month and i paid a lump sum payment to complete the contract before Christmas. I assumed in doing this that in February when it was finished the contract would be finished and the phone would become pay as you go. but they are still taking payments for my line rental out and when i rang them they said i needed to give 30 days written notice to cancel the contract. I don't see how i can cancel a contract which has already ended?
    They said the T&Cs state that you give 30 days written notice to cancel the contract, which i took to mean if i wished to cancel early i would have to write and pay the early cancellation costs.
    I have had a new and better contract with T-Mobile since September 2006 and haven't used my vodafone since then. I can't understand why i have to pay for another moths line rental to vodafone (since it takes them 30 days apparently to cancel an account) for a phone i haven't used in 6 months!
    Where do i stand? :confused:

D xx

sounds dishonest to me

typical vodafone, eh?
  • tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A phone contract wouldn't automatically end once you had paid for 18 months, that is just the minimum term. That would be in their t&c's somewhere I'm sure, and is standard pratice with all mobile phone companies. I for one would be pretty annoyed if they arbritrarily cut me off or switched me to payt once the minimum term was up just because I hadn't agreed another contract. Did you make it clear to the advisor you originally spoke to and paid you wanted to terminate the contract? If so, I agree (s)he should have informed you better, so you may have a complaint to take up about that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure