People --- BE AWARE OF RSA E CHOICE...

Just letting you all know of my recent experience with RSA E Choice...

RSA e choice was the cheapest quote on Go Compare. I decided to go with them. After inputting my details and using debit card to pay for the insurance, their website popped up with a message saying "SORRY - WE ARE EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM WITH OUR WEBSITE - PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER". There was no acknowledgement of the transaction going through. Several hours later I repeated the process and this time their website acknowledged the transaction. "GREAT" I thought. The following day, I noticed on my online banking that the original attempt had been successful after all and I had been charged TWICE! I was horrified to see I was £611 out of pocket and as a result left overdrawn right before Xmas. I rang them to try and resolve this and was told "OH WELL I CANT SEE IT ON OUR SYSTEM". I remained calm and agreed to a call back the following day from them. This came and I was informed that the money would be put back into my account. Eight days later I am still waiting for the money to be returned. I have called them back again and they have again promised 3-5 working days. I am still waiting. Up to now this has been a very bad experience. I have also had problems logging into their website several times and received the message SORRY - WE ARE EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM WITH OUR WEBSITE - PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER". This is very very poor for an online car insurance company. I am very worried now and feel I am going to have to fight to get the money back that is owed to me and that was overpaid due to their problematic website...

Comments

• Hi "grenvilledodger"

I work at gocompare.com and read your post with concern, have you got your refund yet? I'm going to contact RSA direct if you haven't as such a simple request should have been actioned more efficently than it has.
    I will also aim to ensure that this experience doesn't happen again.

Please let me know if you need our help in sorting this out,

kind regards

Scott Kelly
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I am very worried now and feel I am going to have to fight to get the money back that is owed to me and that was overpaid due to their problematic website...

You dont need to be worried. Royal Sun Alliance are a massive company and generally have a pretty good reputation.

One of the things you should never do is resubmit if the internet fails you on the payment page after pressing submit. However, many people do. So, its a pretty common error and something they should resolve easily.

Refunds normally take 3-5 days to appear. So, I suggest you now go back to RSA and put in a formal complaint and ask for an inconvenience payment because its put your overdrawn before Christmas. Outline your other problems as well. Chances are you will get the refund quicker than just waiting for the normal call centre to refund it and a goodwill gesture payment of around £100 would not be unexpected.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi Grenvilledodger,

My name's Kate and I'm replying on behalf of E-Choice. If you are still in need of further information / help or support on this matter please contact E-Choice by phone again on 0844 845885 and we will do our best to assist you.

Many thanks,
    RSA
  • Hello again Kate, it is interesting that you seem to have a membership on all the forums including Bimmerforums.co.uk It makes me wonder whether or not you are employed on a full time basis by RSA e choice to trawl the forums looking for bad publicity on behalf of your employers.. If RSA e choice had put this much effort into returning the money they owe to me then I would not be writing this now.

I have had 4 conversations with your colleagues on the above number. I have been promised 3 times by different people that the money would be returned to my account within 3-5 working days... 22 days later and I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A SINGLE PENNY! I have been promised a cheque on the most recent call and told politely that I do not need to keep ringing up...

Sorry Kate, but my experience with RSA has left me disgusted. I am a very reasonable bloke and I have been very very patient. I am sick of being fobbed off by call takers at RSA and I fully intend on sharing my experiences - with as many people as possible. I work very hard for my money and I cannot afford to be put overdrawn due to errors on behalf of RSA's website and then their refusal to help me. A mistake is a mistake and we all know computers can play up. RSA's website has been faulty at best when I have tried to log on. But then to not return my money when the website has caused me to overpay... is frankly shocking. This experience has caused me a great deal of worry over christmas. You can write that RSA will help me, on every forum you see my postings on, but the fact is, at this time, RSA HAVE NOT HELPED ME, NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST - AND I AM OVER £600 OUT OF POCKET! That is the truth of the matter Kate. I will continue to update others so that they do not find themselves in the same boat as me. Thankyou.
  • Hello Scott,

Sadly, I have not received a single penny from RSA. I have spoken to staff on 0844 845885 four times now. The first was the same day that I realised what had happened. I was told by the call taker that the problem had been identified and that the money would be returned within 3-5 working days. When this did not materialise, I rang again. I was then told by a different call taker that nothing had been put in place and that arrangements would be made that day. Again, nothing materialised. I made a further call several days after - hoping that the delay was something to do with the festive period. That call taker couldnt find any record and I spoke to him again later that day when he informed me that a cheque would be sent out first class that same day as they couldn't put the money straight back into my account. I have waited for the cheque which has still not come. I appreciate that it is Christmas and there are delays in the post, however, this whole saga has proven very stressful for me and 22 days on from RSA's website malfunction, I am still over £600 out of pocket. I have been told repeatedly that I will get a refund but have not seen any evidence of this. Plenty of excuses however, and reassurance from "Kate" who has appeared on other forums also where I have shared this experience. However, all she has actually done is supply the number I have already called several times and a rather empty promise of help. I am very very disappointed.
  • adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Lets hope you don't have to make a claim then if they can't even process a refund =/
  • adamc260 wrote: »
    Lets hope you don't have to make a claim then if they can't even process a refund =/

I am really very concerned...
  • Thanx for the tip grenvilledodger - I am currently searching for car insurance and will avoid this company like the plague! I certainly cannot afford to be charged twice with this amount of money!

Feel sorry for you over christmas aswell! as if it isnt expensive enough! Good luck with getting it back. hope its sooner rather than later.

:-)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanx for the tip grenvilledodger - I am currently searching for car insurance and will avoid this company like the plague!

creating multiple logins and responding to your own threads isnt going to achieve anything.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh wrote: »
    creating multiple logins and responding to your own threads isnt going to achieve anything.

I can assure you that post was nothing to do with me.. If I've helped someone else then thats good enough for me.

To be perfectly honest all I want is my money back and to make others aware of what has happened. I accept that things can go wrong with computers - as has been the case with rsa e choice's website. It is how they deal with the aftermath that is the problem here.

People will make their own decisions and if they choose to go elsewhere that is a matter for themselves.

This website is about saving money. I have not saved money... infact I have paid twice, suffered anxiety, spent a fortune on phone calls and still I am out of pocket...

My message is simple... be aware of what has happened to me if you are considering purchasing with RSA e choice. My saga continues...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure