Santander CC - 16 Months BT - £0 FEE - Existing Customers Only

As a "valued customer" (I have a Santander account with a zero-balance which I haven't used in over 12 months), I've today received an application pack for the new Santander Credit Card (this is the red one, not the black 'Zero' card).

There's a special offer for existing Santander customers - they're offering 0% on balance transfers for 16 months and those transfers are completely fee-free for the first three months.

Applications for the card must be received by post no later than February 14th.

I'm gonna party like it's 2005!!

:j:j
Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
Mortgage July 2007 - £0
Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)

Comments

• ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    you're not eligible because you arent funding the c/a with 1k per month.
  • I've just read through all of the CC documentation and there's nothing at all about a requirement to fund the current account with £1,000 per month.

The funding requirement is only actually necessary during the first 12 months if you want the 5% interest on the first £2,500 in your current account. However, even then if you don't fund it, you simply earn the lower level of 1%.
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do they have leaflets for this offer in their branches, as was the case with the previous 12 months 0% 0 fee deal?
  • nikki1520
    nikki1520 Posts: 510 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got this offer and I only have my mortgage with them, so it doesn't seem to be tied to the current account at all
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do ex Alliance and Leicester accounts qualify for the fee free balance transfers - either this offer, or the previous 12 month one?
  • mrs_T
    mrs_T Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 February 2011 at 10:59AM
    I went into branch today to open a current a/c (already had an a&l isa) and get £100 instead of being charged to use my arranged overdraft by lloyds tsb. When I asked about credit cards the girl said they had 2 but both incurred a balance transfer fee. I said I'd heard they had a cc with no btf but she insisted this had stopped on 1st of jan so I didn't sign up for a cc. When I checked the website at home they are still offering the zero card to existing customers with no btf and 6 months interest free, which I would have taken in the branch. My tesco 13 months 0% deal finishes in march so if I can't find a cc without a btf I'll just pay it off from my ISA. I think I'll phone them and see if they'll improve on the 6 months offer though, pity their staff don't know their own products.

Got the same spiel on the phone even though the leaflet I'd been given in the branch said 0% on bt's in the first 3 months. She then she said she would check and came back to say they could offer no btf and six months 0%. I didn't sign up as I don't need it till march but I'll try again in feb to see if they improve thier offer.
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    In branch, both CCs now carry a 3% fee however the interest free period has been extended from 13 to 16 months for mortgage, investment and eligible current account customers who fund a c/a with more than £1k or switch to us.
  • gwapenut wrote: »
    Do they have leaflets for this offer in their branches, as was the case with the previous 12 months 0% 0 fee deal?
    This looks like it's specifically targetted to certain Santander customers. As I mentioned earlier, I would hardly consider myself "loyal" as I haven't used the Santander account in 12 months - they made so many mistakes operating my current account that I really couldn't trust them any longer!
    gwapenut wrote: »
    Do ex-Alliance and Leicester accounts qualify for the fee free balance transfers - either this offer, or the previous 12 month one?
    I would imagine so - Alliance & Leicester accounts were all migrated onto Santander's servers some months back (this is well documented due to them making a massive mess of that too!)
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
  • Hi,
    I have also received details in the post for 0% BT for 16 mths. It seems to good to miss.
    On the santander Credit card application form I can add an additional card holder my DH.
    Does anyone know if it possible to do a balance transfer to his egg credit card ? (in his name only).
    Thank You
    Pay £7,500 in 2011 paid £29,325 No 43 OP £21,825
    Olympic 78= £20,000 paid £35,708 over paid £15,708
    Mortgage over payment £1996/£1497 paid in 2011
    sealed pot 4 number 845
    Weight Loss 29lbs/13lbs
  • sujman
    sujman Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I was in the process of trying to close my old A&L account when I got this offer too.

Despite not having funded the account for many months and incurring "under funding charges" and now overdraft charges (as a result of the underfinding charge!), I was still eligable for this deal which I took out.

So while on the one had I am unhappy with the service I got in trying to close the account and the subsequent hassle of the fees I refuse to pay, fair do's, I've got a great big balance transfered onto their CC and dont have to pay it off until the middle of next year!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure