PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cleaning glass ceramic hob

Comments

• Str4berr3
    Str4berr3 Posts: 666 Forumite
    I use the Mr Muscle Orange action, spray on wait for about 2 seconds and wipe, i use it everywhere for the kitchen, not just for hobs but tiles, cupboard doors, shelves, surfaces on all appliance's. I love the thing! I reckon its the most natural product you can buy and the most effective altogether.
    All you can just wipe the hob asap when you make a splash with soapy water.
  • frizz_head
    frizz_head Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    I've been using the Fairy Power Spray for really burnt on bits, but for everyday, and to give it that extra mirror shine, I been spritzing it with my vinegar and water spray when I do my worktops!!!
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.:A
    20 pints donated! :j:j
  • stellagypsy
    stellagypsy Posts: 416 Forumite
    I use Hob Brite in the orange bottle - looks a treat and very easy to use.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I use Hob Brite in the orange bottle - looks a treat and very easy to use.

Stellagypsy,

Got a bottle of Hob Brite already, works ok, just not too keen on the smell. Might give the Orange Mr Muscle a go as I love the smell of the stuff, fairly freshens everything up. Thanks everyone for all your suggestions, appreciate it.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • gemmaj
    gemmaj Posts: 434
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can't say if it true or not: but I was always told to use stuff specially for ceramic hobs as it contains a conditioning agent that the ceramic hob needs, that fairy liquid (etc etc etc) would get rid of.

I use hob brite - not tested on animals, I seem to remember!
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I know when I bought my cooker the woman in the shop tried to sell me all the stuff under the sun to keep it clean and shiney new, £3 for this and £5 for that, no thanks. I'll get something cheaper - elbow grease and a home made solution or I'll get that Mr Muscle chappy, that'll do fine. :rolleyes: Had the cooker since November and it's used every day near enough and it's fine.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • lady_lucan
    lady_lucan Posts: 120 Forumite
    Hi - I got a good cheap deal on one of those quite modernist looking hobs which are apparently ceramic, but look like black smoked glass. Trouble is, it gets whitish ring marks on it all the time - doesn't seem to matter what type/how clean the saucepans are. Standard proprietary cleaners and vinegar haven't worked - anyone have any suggestions? Cheers, L.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hiya :)

There are a bunch of other suggestions in the Cleaning section of the MEGA Index sticky at the top of the Old Style forum listing that you'll find under "Ovens". I'm sure there'll be something there that can help you out. :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Have you tried bicarb of soda? It would be slightly abrasive which might do the trick - but only slightly.

I would mix it with vinegar into a paste and rub it on with a cloth, rinse it off with water.

It works good on my toilet!
  • Mschappie
    Mschappie Posts: 60 Forumite
    I use 'Hob Brite' on my hob. You put the cream on the hob and then rub it in with kitchen towel, then wipe it off with a damp cloth and buff the hob with the tea-towel. If the hob is badly marked and you can't get the marks off then 'Easy-do' do a powder cleaner which you put onto the hob and then rub in with a wet/damp paper towel. I usually then use the Hob-Brite after this. My hob always looks like new and it's now five years old.

Hope this helps

Mschappie
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business