Prices for Howdens kitchen units

Hi, does anyone have any idea of the prices for Howdens kitchen units, in particular the Hamilton Teak range?

I know they are trade only, so son is going to get himself registered, but in the meantime I can't find any prices anywhere, or any measurements etc. showing the full range etc.

I wanted to start planning out my new kitchen, but can't see any info.
Any ideas?
:hello: :wave: please play nicely children !

Comments

• ianeverton
    ianeverton Posts: 117 Forumite
    This may sound like a silly question, but have you actually been in to Howdens and asked for a brochure and price list.

The price list will show full price but obviously ignore this, probably estimate about 50% off list price, except for appliances.

Remember to also check the price you could get at MFI (same units) and why not get MFI to design for you.
  • beaker141
    beaker141 Posts: 509
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My FIL is in the trade and uses Howdens in Altrincham a lot. I was in the market for a new kitchen so he asked and the manager really wanted to quote for me and had a price promise on.

I already had a costing for a B&Q kitchen.

The B&Q quote couldnt actually be beaten by Howdens, despite him giving me the best discount he could. B&Q was flatpack and Howdens were rigid cabinets but I dont see why this is such a big deal (I can build a flat pack up in 10 mins and once fitted under worktops is as rigid as it would ever need to be). The doors to be fair were better quality but my kitchen is a stop gap for a few years so didnt matter.

B&Q were cheaper by far on other things like worktops, sink/tap pack etc.
  • Okay a bit more info for you.

MFI used own Howdens until last year they sold it off, MFI where not making much profit, don't understand that one!

Anyway, Howdens still supply to MFI and to TRADE.
    I know someone with an account who fit's kitchens so I get full discount on
    EVERYTHING.

I know some of the prices look high but the quality I am told is good and 90% of their kitchens come pre-built.

You can ask Howdens to measure for you and in return your builder/fitter gets a detail list of everything, price list and 3d colour drawing of what it may look like.

We are currently looking to replace our kitchen with EVERYTHING integrated and yes that costs a lot more!!!

In total we are saving about £4,000 off the list price, that's over 14 cabinets, including pull out larder, corner base pull out thingy!, hob/oven, extractor, Hotpoint diswasher, Washer/Dryer, Fridge/Freezer and all the finishes.

We went to MFI and compared prices and howdesn are cheaper... the person who has the account with howden also said he is going to try and haggle even more!

I would not go to B&Q nor Focus!

Well we will keep you posted of what happens ....

Good Luck!
    KTheGaffer

UPDATE:
    They also have a website http://www.the-kitchen.co.uk/ which is the trade version.
    The Howdens.com is brand new and is not fully completed.
  • After reading some of the comments/listings on this forum reference Howdens I feel I need to state fact not fiction. As an employee, HOWDENS sold MFI not the other way around. Howdens sold the retail MFI and continue as Howdens Trade sales and manufacturer of Kitchens. We sell only to the Trade which is why you wont find price lists posted on the internet. Discounts to builders are private. As for some comments reference Howdens couldnt match other retail prices on a like for like basis ie rigid carcass to rigid carcass or flatpack for flatpack we not only match but beat other quotes. Our rigid kitchens carry category H and are 18mm rigid carcass not 15mm flatpack which will never get category H. We also do a flatpack range which if this is the style of kitchen you require then we can supply it. With 400 branches nationwide for trade only supplies at trade prices you'll find one near you. Just to reiterate that Howdens sold the non-profit making retail side of the business side. MFI did not sell Howdens. We do not manufacture or supply MFI anymore or any other company. We only sell our own kitchens and we do offer a full planning and design service free to the trade and have excellent discount structures for trade only.

Hope this factually answers some of the forums questions!

Natalie5 :T

P.s On a like for like quote Howdens will not be beaten so if you have a quote dont just talk about it take it along to your nearest Howdens if you want a price to be beaten!!! Please note TRADE ONLY!!! :mad:
  • Please note TRADE ONLY!!! :mad:

Most branches are TRADE ONLY not all :rolleyes:
  • what aboy magnet kitchens
  • I know many people who have had Howdens kitchens and they say they are great.

We are in the process of having a new kitchen at home ourselves and will be giving Howdens a call to quote.

We've been planning this since January 2007 (the design has changed many times to date - would rather change it 100 times on paper than when it has been fitted) and now a wall has been taken out we are ready to move forward.

We had quotes from MFi, Magnet, small kitchen studios etc, but our builder assures us that we will save a packet with Howdens. With the budget pushing £12,000 this should be a considerable money saving.

DAve
  • My parents are having their kitchen fully refitted. They obtained quotes from MFI, B&Q and some other company. The quotes averaged around £13,000. The quote they got from Howden's was a couple of thousand pounds less than all the others! Also, their units are a much better quality than the high street stores offer and the finish is so much better. Would highly recommend them. The Mrs also loves the units and is pushing to have our kitchen done. There is h/ever the small issue of money!
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Our kitchen is from Howdens, fitted by OH who is a builder....price issues aside, he much prefers Howdens, as the units are assembled and they are far sturdier than the flatpack ones.

As with most fitted furniture, it is the extras, such as lighting/cornicing and integrated appliances that bump up the price.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • I install kitchens and can verify that Howdens materials are of the finest quality, good to work with and better than B&Q etc by far, I have never managed to get a like for like kitchen cheaper at B&Q.

The service at Howdens is also 2nd to none.
    I just wanted to pass this on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport