Britax b-lite pushchair in neon black at halfords £35.00

Hi guys,

Saw this on the halfords website, but with very limited stock.

wont let me post a link

However showed the webpage at mothercare (who had it for £119.99) who price matched it instantly plus i got the extra benefit of a 2 year warranty!!

Worth a go, it worked for me!!!

Comments

• Yep that's the one, thanks for posting the link.
  • shabby_chic
    shabby_chic Posts: 83 Forumite
    edited 17 March 2012 at 1:00PM
    Decided to give Mothercare a call as thought this was a great deal but unfortunately they said theirs is the updated model (black frame) and they don't have this one now.
    Well done for getting it OP as it is a bargain.
  • Just had a look at the other strollers Halfords have reduced. The Obaby Atlas Scribble is down to £30! That's quite a popular pushchair, and mothercare currently have this for £79.99 so if they price match it and give the guarantee that's an absolute bargain.

Here it is in Halfords:
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&action=listrefine&mode=discount&constraints=tcs%7c%7c_PromotionCode%7c%7c%3a194166%3a%7c%7csor%7c%7cPrice%7c%7c1

And then in Mothercare:
    http://www.mothercare.com/OBaby-Atlas-Scribble-Stroller-Black/dp/B004VM1VME?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=42764041&sr=1-1&qid=1331990042&pf_rd_r=0DYWT82VVZ04JWQRCRKM&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

Bit gutted I'm only just seeing this now as I bought a buggy last week and paid £60 second hand! :(
  • I did it instore, think this might be easier as they always seem eager to make a sale compared to over the phone.
  • I worked for Britax as a rep in a Mothercare store previously and one of the benefits of buying in store is if anything happens to your pushchair and it needs sending away they will give you a replacement pushchair until it is returned. You can't be without your pushchair and it's a waste to buy a new one just while yours is out of action - hopefully it'll never happen but peace of mind is useful.

They'll also send it off for you, when you buy online from other places you have to package it up (a nightmare cos they're huge), wait in for couriers, etc. whereas buying in store, just take it in and they'll do all the work.

Google first to get the best price, print off the page and take it in as proof and they price match. They should price match if you show it to them on your phone too if you have that facility, I say should - depends on whether you have helpful staff but they should.

If you have any trouble with the pushchair the staff will happily run you through it's capabilities too if you're a new parent or struggling with anything.

Def worth buying in store if you can, they want to make the sale as they lose out a lot now to online so it helps keep their sales up.
  • I worked for Britax as a rep in a Mothercare store previously and one of the benefits of buying in store is if anything happens to your pushchair and it needs sending away they will give you a replacement pushchair until it is returned. You can't be without your pushchair and it's a waste to buy a new one just while yours is out of action - hopefully it'll never happen but peace of mind is useful.

They'll also send it off for you, when you buy online from other places you have to package it up (a nightmare cos they're huge), wait in for couriers, etc. whereas buying in store, just take it in and they'll do all the work.

Google first to get the best price, print off the page and take it in as proof and they price match. They should price match if you show it to them on your phone too if you have that facility, I say should - depends on whether you have helpful staff but they should.

If you have any trouble with the pushchair the staff will happily run you through it's capabilities too if you're a new parent or struggling with anything.

Def worth buying in store if you can, they want to make the sale as they lose out a lot now to online so it helps keep their sales up.

I have to agree with you. I bought a stroller from the Silver Cross website a while back. Now it has developed a fault and like you said, you have to package it up, and wait in all day for a courier etc to pick it up, what a pain! Thankfully its not our only buggy but if it had been we would have been without one for a week or so!
  • loopy_lala
    loopy_lala Posts: 45 Forumite
    Thanks so much, just ordered a spare. Also remember if you price match on line or by phone and its more than £20 difference you need to ask them to send you a voucher, you will get a £10 voucher back!
  • Cutterby
    Cutterby Posts: 326 Forumite
    I've just phoned Mothercare hoping to get the price match and the voucher for the OBaby stroller, but unfortunately the Mothercare OBaby one is different to the Halfords one - the Mothercare is a Scribble Stroller and the Halfords is a Circles Stroller. The lady checked if she could still do the price match but apparently not as they're two different models. The only difference being the pattern!!! Still a good deal if you can get the stock from Halfords, none anywhere near us though :( Thanks OP x
    All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.

• caz1234
    caz1234 Posts: 11 Forumite
    The updated model of the Britain b-lite pushchair is in Argos for 59.99 so although not as much of a grabbit, it's over £20 difference so seems you'll also get a £10 voucher out of it if price matching from Mothercare.
    The red Obaby atlas scribble is also 58.99 from amazon while 79.99 in Mothercare so again just over that £20 difference for price matching and voucher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure