IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye charge at Morrisions Stratford

Comments

• Mo,

Mrs theHibby has recently successfully ignored this mob. She is expecting another chance to do so soon as her car was driven around a car park they monitor for the grand time of 10 seconds as the driver wanted to see what the parking was like before they went back there for a meeting at a later date.

cidergirl,

I've thanked you despite you saying it was a fine! Repeat after me: it's an invoice, not a fine.

Good advice though. :T
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    AltheHibby wrote: »
    Mo,

Mrs theHibby has recently successfully ignored this mob. She is expecting another chance to do so soon as her car was driven around a car park they monitor for the grand time of 10 seconds as the driver wanted to see what the parking was like before they went back there for a meeting at a later date.

cidergirl,

I've thanked you despite you saying it was a fine! Repeat after me: it's an invoice, not a fine.

Good advice though. :T

Doubt mrs hibby would get a ticket for ten seconds, these muppets normally have a grace period of 5 - 10 mins to allow you the time to get a ticket or whatever, I use a parking spy monitored car park regularly and it has at least a ten min grace period
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • MB,

I hope you're wrong as I would like the opportunity to post it here!
  • If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
  • Partner has first of the threatening letters...I'm telling him to ignore it after reading lots and lots of posts and websites/guidelines.

He's a little skittish about it - Will it be OK to ignore is what I want to know? He keeps thinking about paying it.:(
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,661
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    hevaeyre wrote: »
    Partner has first of the threatening letters...I'm telling him to ignore it after reading lots and lots of posts and websites/guidelines.

He's a little skittish about it - Will it be OK to ignore is what I want to know? He keeps thinking about paying it.:(

Yes it will be OK to ignore it, letters and all. Did you both read the top thread 'PPC letters & threats' and see the Watchdog video there too?

If he hasn't seen the Watchdog clip sit him down and show it to him and then just tick off each templated threatogram letter that arrives which matches those shown in pics in the top thread. 'PPC snap', we call this game.

No crime has been committed, no CCJ will follow, no bailiff, no effect on credit rating. Just debt collector letters that pretend that all of that 'may' happen.

It won't, because there is no debt and this is just a scam that impersonates authority. They can't fine anyone, any more than I can!

I have also ignored a PPC fake PCN 4 years ago and my husband still thinks we 'got off it' because of some 'loophole on MSE'. :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Are you the partner of the OP MoZaman? Thinking about paying it? We have noted his solemn promise that he will be steadfast in his refusal to pay. Please note, that in the event he goes back on this I will be sending him a nasty letter requiring him to pay me £150 for breaking his word to us all, as I will believe he is a soft touch...

Of course he should ignore it. Everyone else here does and no-one here has ever paid these scammers a penny. I have personally dumped over 80 tickets and I am still alive and well.

Read the story about the clampers who have all been sent to jail. These parking companies are just on the right side of the knife edge as regards legality, but they cannot and will not do anything other than write a series of letters before disappearing out of your lives for ever.
  • Hiya, Thank you.

Nope not MoZaman's partner.

I have looked at all that and shown him the video (which I found really really funny actually), I was saying it's a load of bull anyway. (All before joining and posting).

I had an inkling about this - hence the have a look for some answers and coming across the posts on here and a few other forums. 23 mins over a 1hr 30 on a free car park - from entry to exit and about 10 mins of that was spent waiting to park! Pretty certain the real cost to PE is may £1, not a ridiculous £120/hr??

Thing is we always park carefully (seriously seen people block 3 bays before now!) and don't mind a couple of quid to park for a whole day, I'm the overly honest type of person and even I thought this company are taking the p!$$.

I'll make him a cool paper aeroplane when I get home! :p
  • correction, the real cost is a big fat ZERO as it's not even PE's land.

Well done, why is it the men always seem faint-hearted and the girls have the spirit? Tell him if he's a mouse you are going to dump him and find yourself a MAN. :rotfl:
  • I have a parking charge from them too on June 4th. However, I had a rental car from Avis and was charged £30 admin fee from Avis. I haven't paid the Parking Charge because I felt it unfair and saw the comments on this thread. However, I am pursuing a refund from Avis and they said they need written confirmation from the parking eye that I don't have to pay for the charge.

The parking eye haven't sent me one letter in the 3 months since this incident, which also leads me to be believe how incredulous they are and can't threaten me with any legal action. I also took photos after of the signage in the car park and it's awful. On entering the sign is small and partly covered by a tree. Also, there is no obvious signage as you enter the store about parking. I assumed it was a free Morrison's car park. There also aren't many pay and display machines about.

What's more is that I was in Morrisons for 1h 13 minutes or atleast the car park has my car registered as being in there for that length of time. However, on entering the store it says you can park for free for 1h 30 mins if you a re a Morrisons customer. However, having received the forwarded letter from Avis, which was 6 weeks later, I can't find the receipt to prove I was shopping in Morrisons. But I did shop there and spend over £100. It doesn't mention on the sign that you have to prove this though, it just says 1hr 30mins free for Morrisons customers. May be you have to get a parking display ticket and get it refunded in the store??

Can anyone advise my next step in order to get the admin fee back from Avis. I haven't written again to Parking Eye, but may be I should insist on a letter from them stating I don't have to pay it?? How legitimate is that claim??

Can anyone providea a link for the Watchdog clip please??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hevaeyre
    Partner has first of the threatening letters...I'm telling him to ignore it after reading lots and lots of posts and websites/guidelines.

He's a little skittish about it - Will it be OK to ignore is what I want to know? He keeps thinking about paying it.

Yes it will be OK to ignore it, letters and all. Did you both read the top thread 'PPC letters & threats' and see the Watchdog video there too?

If he hasn't seen the Watchdog clip sit him down and show it to him and then just tick off each templated threatogram letter that arrives which matches those shown in pics in the top thread. 'PPC snap', we call this game.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure