harveys furniture head office telephone number

Comments

• Glad I'm not the only one having issues!
    My gripe is with their Facebook ad - 5% discount for Facebook fans, no provisos given.
    Filled my 'basket' with the items I want and couldn't see how to apply the discount. Emailed them and asked.
    Reply comes back "what do you want to order?" I thought it a bit odd but told him 2k worth of items from Toulouse range. Reply came back "discount doesn't apply to that range, only to selected items"
    I've reported it to ASA and they are currently looking into it. I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets a discount as the items are always not the specified ones!!!
  • I was working for Harveys as an agency worker up until last week(Only did 1 week as was shocked with what I found also hours didn't suit around childcare)

Firstly, the warehouse the sofas were coming out of has a massive leak and is open to all elements, thus leaving at least half of our lorry, approx 13 delivers for the day, with soaked boxes and some sofas visibly wet after unwrapping.

On my 2nd day(No experience, training or info on proceedures etc) I was left to set up any 3 pieces/recliners etc that needed to be assembled. First delivery had no legs on either of the 2 sofas. 3rd delivery, Driver ripped fabric once sofa was all set up and was just being moved into customers requested position in room(Paying over £1000 and the fabric is that open to damage??)

Another 3 piece didn't slot together properly, was a gap big enough to put your hand down it or as I argued with the driver, for a child to get his leg trapped thus breaking leg/ankle. Apparently, Harveys staff are told to say they just deliver blah blah blah and convince the customer to keep the sofa and phone customer services about any problems....probably knowing once left in their house, refunds are hard to come by.

Looking at some of the furniture, especially the ones where the back(s) are slotted in...build quality is appalling. :mad:

Would seriously recommend shoppers to look and research for other suppliers, especially in the Midlands
  • My husband and I purchased a two seater and a single leather rocker reclining suite from Harveys Furniture in Warrington in August 2010. This suite was delivered to us in December 2010 after a considerable delay in delivery. On purchasing the suite, the sales advisor suggested that we may want to take out the additional 3 year extended warranty at a cost of £215.00 which would cover things such as the leather splitting and the mechanisms on the suite. We thought this was a good idea for a peace of mind and purchased this warranty, although we had had our previous suite for 8 years and it never had a mark on it when we sold it on.

In August 2011, the single seat, which I had sat on for the first time and hadn't been sat on previously, was creaking very badly. The arm on one of our two seats on the suite had dropped, almost to floor level. The seat of this same chair seemed to lean onto the left side when it was sat in. As a result, I phoned the Harveys After Sales team and they sent out someone to repair it.

I was at home on this day and the repairer told me to oil the single seat, despite the fact such action would make our warranty void because it would mean us tampering with the furniture and so we did not do this. The repairer did not repair this seat. He turned the two seater and the single seat upside down and said they hadn't been made properly which was why the arm had dropped on the one seat that my husband sometimes sits in. His repair was basically nailing some metal L plates onto the arm/seat to hold it together. I was quite appalled by this poor level of service.

Ever since August, the arm and the seat has been dropping and dropping and the single seat simply doesn't get used because of the noise it makes. We ask guests to sit at the dining table because of the problems with the suite. This month, we've noticed the leather (assumig it is leather) is peeling away in parts of the suite. There is only my husband and myself at home and my husband works 5 days a week and I am bed ridden some 3-4 days a week due to health and disability and so it is obvious that the suite doesn't get much use at all. We phoned Harveys After Sales Team up again this month (December 2011) as we have had enough of this badly made suite and asked them to repair it properly. I spoke to a woman who would only give her name as Rebecca on extension 1031. This woman refused to put me through to a manager, despite me requesting this, as this woman was absolutely no help whatsoever. She told me that the previous report wrote about the repair back in August, suggests that the 'damage' to the furniture is due to wear and tear and not due to faulty goods - even though the repairer had told me that the suite hadn't been put together properly in the first place and the fact he nailed metal L plates to it to hold it together. I could understand if we had children jumping all over the suite and pets that used the furniture, that there would be an element of wear and tear, but given our situation, this type of damage simply does not and should not have happened to the suite in this short space of time. This woman has told us that our furniture is not covered for wear and tear.

I obtained the phone number for the insurers from the store from which we bought the sofa, seeing as we had paid for this. I explained to the insurers that the broken arm/seat is on ongoing fault as is the creaking single seat which clearly has a mechanical problem and expained that the leather was peeling away in parts of the suite. They told me that the mechanics are NOT covered in the insurance policy. They told me to check the policy. We have never received the policy. All we have is the receipt showing we had paid for this. We were categorically told that the insurance covered the leather and the mechanics so both my husband and I feel like we've been mislead into buying this policy and therefore it has been missold to us. The insurers have offered to repair the leather, but will not repair the mechanics on the single seat or the dropped arm/seat on the suite.

I am, unfortunately, on benefits and am disabled. That was the whole purpose of buying a high backed suite with a recliner - so that I could recline with my back and neck supported. Instead we have furniture which is not, in its current state, fit for purpose. No suite should be that poorly made that it has such problems in less than a year. We have now had to borrow money from my husband's parents in order to have an independent upholsterer come out to write a report on the condition of this suite as Harveys store, Harveys after sales and their insurers are taking no responsibility at all for the fact this suite is clearly faulty. I have no idea how much this is going to cost us, but this is additional money we cannot afford. We took the warranty out for peace of mind. We saved for years to buy the suite in the first place.

My husband and I am absolutely appalled by the way Harveys have brushed us aside. Their workmanship and customer service is, quite simply, shocking. We have since read reports online and it seems this is a common issue with this company. I have now had to contact Consumer Direct who have told me that they will send a report to Trading Standards on our behalf for the mis-selling of goods under the Sales of Goods Act. I am waiting on an appointment with Citizens Advice and if I get no joy with having the suite repaired, will have to consider legal action against the company.

For anyone thinking of buying a suite, our previous suite was from CSL and we had no problems with the suite or with their service and who I would recommend over Harveys anyday.
  • Micra3 - If you have not had this delivered, I would strongly advise that you cancel this order, obtain a full refund on the deposit you paid and shop elsewhere. I appreciate this will be a huge inconvenience to you, but we have a suite that we can't use, nor will they repair. We are now going through the legalities of the Sale of Goods Act bit at a time, but are aware this process could be dragged out by Harveys for months. It is the first and last time, I will ever use this company.
  • Hello there! That email address is out of action I'm afraid, but you can email me directly and I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for you. My email address is in my profile. please remember to give me your full name and order number or the store where you purchased any goods from and I'll make sure that I reply and get this dealt with as a priority.

thanks,

Liz
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Harveys Furniture. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hello there! That email address is out of action I'm afraid, but you can email me directly and I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for you. My email address is in my profile. please remember to give me your full name and order number or the store where you purchased any goods from and I'll make sure that I reply and get this dealt with as a priority.

thanks,

Liz

Thanks for the reply Liz.

I'll put together an email and send it shortly...also I noticed that for some reason my initial post you replied to seems to have been removed??

Thanks in advance anyway and hopefully you can get my issue resolved...

Regards,
    Tony
  • Well, Liz has kept to her word and customer services have contacted me today - wasn't the manager, but "Adam" is going to review the issue and get back to me tomorrow...
  • its always best to put complaints in writing
  • Well, unfortunately, still no reply...
  • Roghana
    Roghana Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 31 January 2012 at 12:00AM
    Hello there! That email address is out of action I'm afraid, but you can email me directly and I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for you. My email address is in my profile. please remember to give me your full name and order number or the store where you purchased any goods from and I'll make sure that I reply and get this dealt with as a priority.

thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz Could you please contact me on [EMAIL="roghana@hotmail.co.uk"]roghana@hotmail.co.uk[/EMAIL] as I am having problems with Harvey. Have to say that they are very non-professional & I will not buy anything from them in future.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport