PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Homeswapper rant!

2»

Comments

• scooby75
    scooby75 Posts: 800 Forumite
    I've given up on homeswapper so when the "renewal" came up, I decided on complete honesty. Every fault is listed, including the mold growing on party wall in bedroom, unsafe electrical work, front door that is actually a back door (you need to use the key to lock it otherwise anyone can just walk in), the ASBO neighbours on all sides, noise etc etc.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when the HA approved the ad (I presume they didn't even read it). Strangely, I had one response for someone wanting to move (turns out they hadn't read the ad either).
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Scooby I love it! We've just had to deal with another time waster today-she is a serial swapper and has swapped at least three times already in the past two years, she doesn't have a clue what she wants and uses a number of different alias but always the same email address so thankfully we could tell it was her before wasting any more time and getting involved. :j
  • adwyer
    adwyer Posts: 21 Forumite
    same problem for me I just want to move, but the site is being abused by a new breed of TROLL, if people don't actually look and do not make posts, their accounts should be deactivated after a month of inactivity, that would soon get rid of a big chunk of the time wastersb :p
  • Beware of homeswrapper, they only interesting the viewing inside your home and then walk away with no interest. But, soon later a burglary strike your home! They only look for high end technology and get burglary easy and guess what police are not interesting only blame you on homeswrapper not safe.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    I have sucessfully swapped twice using homeswapper :)
  • i agree this site is full of weirdos and timewasters i have been on the site since august and have had numerous people contact me asking me if i was interested in their properties i say yes and then no reply its almost like they sit their getting their kicks by seeing how many people say yes to their properties have have had some genuine responses but thy have usually contacted me off the site by phone and did find a exchange which fell through due to the other parties financial situation changing. I have had abuse on the site if i have said no to a property (wrong location wrong size wrong everything) and even had a guy turn up who said yes i love your flat and then asked if he could video it to send to his sister in spain for her opinion being stupid and naive i said ok no problem i never heard from him again and the area he told me he would never consider his setting up more viewings their is no report button.

I have now registered and paid to join another wwebsite houseexchange.org.uk i have been registered since friday and have lots of good responses in areas i want and which meet my criteria.
    Gumtree is the same place a ad for a exchange and all you get is people wanting to rent your property. House exchanging is hard and stressful without the cranks and timewasters.
  • merlin68
    merlin68 Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    Found my exchange on facebook, moving friday. I found someone who wanted a flat so i now have a 2 bed house with a 70 ft garden to looked forward to.
    Most areas have a facebook exchange page for free.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure