Short video clip from The British Heart Foundation. Could save someones life

MARTINS_DOLL
MARTINS_DOLL Posts: 11,141 Forumite
edited 25 January 2016 at 2:07PM in Freebies (no spend required)
In my view, by watching this short clip from The British Heart Foundation, we could all potentially save a life.

Quote:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On Sunday 10th August millions of people across the UK tuned in to watch their own heart attack. Jeremy Kyle watched for his mum. Chris Tarrant watched for his dad. Who will you watch for? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many people are unaware they are actually having a heart attack because they don't know the symptoms. The British Heart Foundation's two minute film allows you to experience what it's like to have a heart attack. Take the time to watch it – then you'll be prepared if and when it happens for real. [/FONT]

http://www.2minutes.org.uk/

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................

Comments

• indelacio
    indelacio Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    quite clever advert. Although I think a number of ... cant remember the terminology those people who think theyve got illnesses they havent.. theyll all be phoning 999 regularly now.

I missed it on tv so thanks.
  • Marisan
    Marisan Posts: 96
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    I didn't see the TV showing so I was glad to watch this.I shall be making sure my hubby watches it too.You never know when you might need the information.
    .Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
  • naimone
    naimone Posts: 26 Forumite
    "cant remember the terminology those people who think theyve got illnesses they havent.."

Munchausen's syndrome:

"Munchausen's syndrome is a rare psychological and behavioral condition in which somebody fabricates or induces symptoms of illness in themselves.

(Munchausen's syndrome is named after a German aristocrat, Baron Munchausen, who became famous for telling wild, unbelievable tales about his exploits and past.)"

Quote is provided from the NHS Direct website.

From my own previous experience and knowledge, Munchausen's sufferers tend to be quite intelligent people and will have a well researched knowledge of their feigned ailments.
    Debt balance at LBM, 6/6/2008 = £13,946.53 +£14,000 fixed term loan
    plus brand new car and bathroom since then.
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
    Debt free target date 25/12/2012
    Debt free date 25/5/2012
  • naimone
    naimone Posts: 26 Forumite
    Just watched the video as well. Very good description of the symptoms and their presentation. I hope it gets plenty of air time.
    Debt balance at LBM, 6/6/2008 = £13,946.53 +£14,000 fixed term loan
    plus brand new car and bathroom since then.
    Proud to have dealt with my debts
    Debt free target date 25/12/2012
    Debt free date 25/5/2012
  • indelacio wrote: »
    quite clever advert. Although I think a number of ... cant remember the terminology those people who think theyve got illnesses they havent.. theyll all be phoning 999 regularly now.

I missed it on tv so thanks.

HYPERCONDRIACS (?spelling)
  • 78mjt
    78mjt Posts: 111 Forumite
    HYPERCONDRIACS (?spelling)

Spelled correctly - I don't think I dare watch the video as I'll think I'm having a heart attack about 3 times a day...
  • I think you'll find it's "hypochondriac".

Gaz
  • chrimson
    chrimson Posts: 10 Forumite
    Thanks for this. I didn't see it on t.v. I will be passing the link to everyone I know.

Christine.x
  • JayD
    JayD Posts: 696
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Useful but a pity that (apart from a short typed line at the end) it makes it seem as if the paind/discomfort is qutie severe and also that it spreads to arms and neck etc.

My heart attack was just chest pains that came when I settled down to sleep. They were quite painful but tolerable with no sense of tightening and they did not spread to anywhere else in my body. Laying down made them worse - apparently that is quite normal for heart problems.

I sat at my desk for a long long time willing the pains to go away and fortunately, eventually they did. But not after a small part of my heart had died.

My GP had told me in the run up that it was digestive - she had given me a resting ECG and said my heart was fine.

The hospital told me that a resting ECG does NOT indicate that your heart is fine. It simply indicates that your heart beat is fine. You need an exercise ECG to show angine.

Also please note that chest pains when doing any exercise (like just walking)after eating is also a typical sign of angina.

I have had my bypass operation now and with a change in lifestyle am doing very well. But please take note of the warning symptoms described on the video clip and here.

It was a helpful vid but not informative enough in my opinion.
  • Inverness
    Inverness Posts: 269
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Powerful and thought provoking - more info avaialable from BHF as it says in the clip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure