What does DGS/RPP stand for?

Hi

Does anyone know what DGS/RPP stand for in a list of direct debits?

My mum recently died and I am one of the executors of her will. We have to contact all the companies she had a direct debit set up with and we do not know which company this relates to. Does anyone have a clue? (If it helps, this is with the HSBC)

Many thanks for any help offered.
Jays

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Domestic & General repair & protection plan.

Extended warrantly for white goods, TV, etc?

Search the forum (search tool top right of the screen) for "DGS/RPP" without the quotes for more threads.
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=285079

Post #4 in this thread? Monthly payments to Domestic General for electrical equipment insurance .... looks favourite?
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770
    Forumite
    Isn't it Domestic and General? Usually be a small payment for a warranty for an electrical item like a washer/cooker. Think they're based in Bedworth, Warwicks. Call them quoting the reference on the d/d.
  • Jays
    Jays Posts: 410 Forumite
    Thanks for your help guys.

Jays
  • Mikeyorks
    Forumite
    Domestic & General repair & protection plan.

It's uncanny the way you do that. I'm missing for days - decide to post a reply after a bit of reading - and there you are .... 3 minutes ahead .. again. Can you see my screen????? :D
  • Mikeyorks
    Forumite
    Jays wrote: »
    Thanks for your help guys.

Jays

Unfortunately I'm a few months ahead of you as an Exor - for the same reason. Had online access to my Mum's account .... so things like this were made easier. But her Bank should be able to provide an expanded list of DD Mandates filed on the account ..... if you have any more problems (or suspect there are any annual DDs which don't show from a sweep of just recent Statements)
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    It definitely is... I've got one and thats what it shows as on my account.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Jays wrote: »
    My mum recently died and I am one of the executors of her will. We have to contact all the companies she had a direct debit set up with
    I'm in the same position. You don't have to contact any companies, you just have to tell HSBC (and take them a death certificate) and they freeze the account. No more DDs can then possibly be taken from it.

Surely you've told her bank?
  • Mikeyorks
    Forumite
    Biggles wrote: »
    You don't have to contact any companies, you just have to tell HSBC (and take them a death certificate) and they freeze the account. No more DDs can then possibly be taken from it.

That's absolutely right. But unless you beat a very rapid path to the door of the originators - the DDs will bounce. And, in my experience, it then becomes far more difficult to resolve issues than if you get in first.
  • Jays
    Jays Posts: 410 Forumite
    Thanks for all your help guys.

I need to know as the solicitor handing the estate did not recoqnise it, she is dealing with all the asset and liability providers and, therefore, checking out who mum paid any money to. I had already closed the accounts anyway.

You solved the problem, thanks for your help.
    Jays
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport