PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How can i clean a leather suite / sofa

I am having problems cleaning my leather suite no matter what i use it seems to attack the top layer of the leather. I have even used just soapy water and the same happens. Has anybody any advice on this problem. Thanks :(

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    have a look here for some tips on keeping it clean.

hth,

• rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    I use huggies baby wipes to clean my cream leather suite, not really cost effective as they're not too cheap, but buy em when they're 2 for 1. I'm sure theres a better and cheaper way to do it though.

Can't get the link to work as it throws up strange windows and your pc is infected type boxes :o >:( ???
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    link works ok for me, let me know if you are still having problems.
  • rushnowt
    no still not working right for me have 4 flashing boxes and pages with warnings about spyware. parasites etc and my pc being infected, it did this the other day as well when i clicked on another link. loafer gave me advise and solutions to clear it and seemed to work fine but just started again ??? Don't know what the problem is i have all the spyware stuff on my pc as suggested on the threads on here,

never mind so long as pc don't blow up and i can't get on the site i'm fine lol ;D ;)

• thanks for the replies I will try the baby wipes
  • shazrazmataz
    shazrazmataz Posts: 1,165
    First Post
    Forumite
    I also recommend the baby wipes, they work a treat for me & they smell nice too ! ;D ;D ;D
    Shaz xx
    Living & lovin' life 'down under'.
    There Comes A Point In Your Life When You Realise Who Matters, And Who Never Did, And Who Always Will. So Don't Worry About People In The Past There's A Reason Why They Didn't Make It Into Your Future............
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    I have friends who have a cream suite too leather, and they clean theres with LUX soap flakes as it very gentle you only need a little and it looks great. ;)

Hope this helps too. :D
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    haven't seen lux flakes for years. ::)
  • rushnowt
    I have friends who have a cream suite too leather, and they clean theres with LUX soap flakes as it very gentle you only need a little and it looks great. ;)

Hope this helps too. :D

Cheers for the tip Pat, never thought of that, will give it a go though, much cheaper than baby wipes the way i go through them lol. ;D

and good morning 160, your absence was noticed on Sunday :'(

• I use saddle soap on my cream leather suite - a friend recommended it and I was sceptical, but I was amazed by the results. Using a sponge rub the saddle soap into the grain, rinse the sponge out and wipe off the saddle soap - fantastic - even ground in dirt was removed (and biro!!!)
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure