Ryanair's new 7-day check-in rules

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    jm2926 wrote: »
    No, but it's £/€5 per person per flight to select a seat
    ...on some routes/times, but £/€10 on others. :)
  • Delree
    Delree Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I can't remember the last airport I used that didn't have an Internet cafe where you can print off boarding passes.
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I don't think the 7 day limit for non-reserved seats is unreasonable. If you're paying to reserve a seat you will probably do so in advance of the trip, and you would expect to have the full choice of seats available to you. If they allow people who are not reserving a seat to check in earlier, the computer will have to allocate seats to them which will then reduce the choice available to those paying for reserved seats.

They could give everyone a reserved seat, but then they'd just increase the cost of all the flights by £5/£10.

I agree that mobile boarding passes are the best solution. I don't know if there are any technical issues with rolling this out to all the tiny airports that basically only exist to serve Ryanair - although I'm sure they could roll it out to most destinations without any problems. Of course, it'll probably just result in people who don't have smartphones moaning about being treated unfairly.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • pdaddy wrote: »
    how do we print the boarding passes during the second week from our foreign holiday destination?

You don't need to search for a printer if you staying at a remote location. Just check in online, using a smartphone and wifi or any internet terminal, and save the boarding passes as PDFs. Use the printing facilities at your departing airport.
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    You don't need to search for a printer if you staying at a remote location. Just check in online, using a smartphone and wifi or any internet terminal, and save the boarding passes as PDFs. Use the printing facilities at your departing airport.

all well and good but what of the OP doesnt have access to a smartphone or WIFI or when they get to the airport done have any money to use an internet cafe :rotfl:
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary

It's a risky plan, leaving it to the last minute - what happens if it's just a small airport and either doesn't have any printers available for public use, or they are out of order?
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • Claire1986
    Claire1986 Posts: 16 Forumite
    I flew with Ryan Air back in December when we went to Cyprus for a holiday. We aslo had to allocate our own seats but I just bypassed that option and if you do that they allocate a seat for you and any other passengers with you. Why pay for it when you have paid for the actual flight to start with. Their planes are terribly uncomfortable anyway but does the job.

With regards to printing your boarding passes, when you log on to your booking you should have an option to print all journeys so you can print your boarding passes for outbound and inbound journeys. That's what I did and it worked ok. Ryan Air are a low fair airline and its just another way to make money from the customer. Just bypass allocating a seat. They have to give you a seat as you have paid for the flight!

Hope that helps and enjoy your holiday!:j
  • SaveTheEuro
    SaveTheEuro Posts: 970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Claire1986 wrote: »
    Just bypass allocating a seat.

How does the OP do that 14 days before travel?
  • Ryanair recently cancelled my flight 4 hours before it was due to leave by email only. Luckily, I had checked my computer before setting off for a 4 hour round trip to the airport.

I'll never fly with them again
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Claire1986 wrote: »
    I flew with Ryan Air back in December when we went to Cyprus for a holiday. We aslo had to allocate our own seats but I just bypassed that option and if you do that they allocate a seat for you and any other passengers with you. Why pay for it when you have paid for the actual flight to start with. Their planes are terribly uncomfortable anyway but does the job.

With regards to printing your boarding passes, when you log on to your booking you should have an option to print all journeys so you can print your boarding passes for outbound and inbound journeys. That's what I did and it worked ok. Ryan Air are a low fair airline and its just another way to make money from the customer. Just bypass allocating a seat. They have to give you a seat as you have paid for the flight!

Hope that helps and enjoy your holiday!:j

your right there i have always printed my outbound and inbound boarding passes with them , last year i went to poland for 2 weeks and printed everything out before i went
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport