IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK CPS Ltd

Comments

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Once upon a time in the old days I did write to Parking Spy, and signed off,

Yours sincerely

**** ***** Esmerobbo QC

Funnily enough never heard from them again.:D

However its best to ignore them.
  • cat410
    cat410 Posts: 35 Forumite
    I know, but want to nip it in the bud now, rather than get stressed out everytime a letter comes thru door with threats of court. Anyhow, how did you know I had a dog lol
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    cat410 wrote: »
    I know, but want to nip it in the bud now, rather than get stressed out everytime a letter comes thru door with threats of court. Anyhow, how did you know I had a dog lol

By contacting them all you will get is MORE letters through the door not less. That said I'm sure you're dog can be trained to eat them :D
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • cat410
    decisions decisions. Getting conflicting advise. My dog wd spit one those parking guys out
  • SodG24
    decisions decisions. Getting conflicting advise. My dog wd spit one those parking guys out

Not sure where you're getting the advice to contact them from but I guarantee ignoring works - I've done it myself.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    You won't nip it in the bud by writing to them unfortunately. They will just write to you anyway, probably even more.

They just want your money and they are desperate, they're not the sort of people who will look at a considered response and go "Hey, do you know what? They're right. Let's drop this one."

The letters may be threatening but no need to be stressed. Nothing ever comes of them. Legally they haven't got a leg to stand on and they know it.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • cat410
    The advise I got was from a parking campaigner, he has fought of a couple of unfair PCN's I have had. But think I will leave. Thanks
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Were these Council Tickets? You should ALWAYS appeal Council Tickets, but ignore private ones.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • cat410
    It was private retail park (which I mite add free parking). As the blue badge scheme states, Blue Badges are not valid in private car parks, so I didnt need to have even displayed it, but they pulled me cause it had expired
  • SodG24
    It was private retail park (which I mite add free parking). As the blue badge scheme states, Blue Badges are not valid in private car parks, so I didnt need to have even displayed it, but they pulled me cause it had expired

ManxRed meant the two PCNs your mate helped you with. Were they Penalty Charge Notices or Parking Charge Notices - the two are very different.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport