We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Comments

• OpticalExpress_representative
    OpticalExpress_representative Posts: 15 Organisation Representative
    I have had these calls from Optical Express and when I said I was not interested I felt like the caller was trying to bully me! The caller kept huffing at me asking why I did not want to be entered into a competition to win free eye surgery and was not satisfied when I told them I just DID NOT WANT IT!

And I get several texts a month from Optical Express telling me I can text STOP to stop receiving the texts... why do I need to use my credit up to stop spam?

If anyone asks me about Optical Express I'll point them in the direction of this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your comments and I am sorry to hear about your experience. As I have said above, if you or anyone within this thread is receiving calls or SMS and do not wish to receive them, please email me at customerfeedback@opticalexpress.com and we will remove you from our database.

Thanks,

Lynsey Shaw
    Optical Express - Head of Customer Care
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Optical Express. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • write down & number competitions you do & youll see that your lucky if u win even 1 thing in 4000 ! ps if u find an error with a comp tell the site running the comp cheers
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just had a phone call from a guy who said he was frpm Visa..... said I had won £200 for using my Visa card.
    He asked me to verify my address ,which I did,then wanted me to give him my 16 digit card number,I said no ,he said he wanted to verify my number,he already had it,So I said give me the first 4 digits,which he did ,they were wrong
    at this time I told him I wasnt interested and hung up
    He phoned back and still asked to verify the card no,which I wouldnt do,I said if you already have my card no ,put the money into my account,he said he cant do that as he might be talking to the wrong person,I put the phone down at this point.
    He sounded so positive and thought i was going to give out my card no to him,kept saying he was legit
    Now I did give my address to him,is this ok?
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • Watch out for candy store bingo on fb, ran an ipad comp, said would be given to most active user when get 1000 likes - instead went to a woman who only joined fb after comp was announced, and only has 7 friends, one of whom is the boss at Candy Store Bingo !!! Now are saying they made some mistakes and have blocked me from posting on their fb page as i pointed out it was a scam.

Funnily enough, the woman who won posted the comp on here! And joined and posted it in the same day. What a coincidence! ;)
    :j2013 wins:j
    £120, FIORELLI handbag, £100 Love2Shop vouchers, £90 make up bundle, Ipad Mini, beauty products x4, necklace, false eyelashes

"In the hopes of reaching the moon, men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet" - Albert Schweitzer
  • And i stupidly got a lot of my friends on fb to like the page to help me, put a lot of effort in and got them over 150 likes. So if you liked it as a favour to me, i'm sorry! :(
    £120, FIORELLI handbag, £100 Love2Shop vouchers, £90 make up bundle, Ipad Mini, beauty products x4, necklace, false eyelashes

"In the hopes of reaching the moon, men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet" - Albert Schweitzer
  • I didn't know it was the boss of the store who won! I know it definitely should've been you, hon!
    I saw the post they made earlier about stopping all competitions until they get professional advice.
  • Well its 'julie cook' - but the fact she only joined fb just after the comp was announced and one of her 7 fb friends is the boss at candy store bingo makes me v suspicious!

I love all this 'we are getting professional advice'
    'We are looking into how we run our competitions' - LOL Just don't scam people! I think they should get me an ipad just to say sorry ;) haha

• claireyx wrote: »
    Well its 'julie cook' - but the fact she only joined fb just after the comp was announced and one of her 7 fb friends is the boss at candy store bingo makes me v suspicious!

I love all this 'we are getting professional advice'
    'We are looking into how we run our competitions' - LOL Just don't scam people! I think they should get me an ipad just to say sorry ;) haha

Even if you did win, there was no guarantee the iPad would show up! lol
  • MsBooty
    MsBooty Posts: 286
    First Post
    Forumite
    claireyx wrote: »
    Watch out for candy store bingo on fb, ran an ipad comp, said would be given to most active user when get 1000 likes - instead went to a woman who only joined fb after comp was announced, and only has 7 friends, one of whom is the boss at Candy Store Bingo !!! Now are saying they made some mistakes and have blocked me from posting on their fb page as i pointed out it was a scam.

Funnily enough, the woman who won posted the comp on here! And joined and posted it in the same day. What a coincidence! ;)

Does anyone have the link to their FB - as I will dislike if I have liked. I found their website but when you click on their Facebook link it just takes you to your own Facebook, so maybe they have left facebook
    :j BIG THANKS TO ALL COMP POSTERS, MUCH APPRECIATED :j
  • MsBooty wrote: »
    Does anyone have the link to their FB - as I will dislike if I have liked. I found their website but when you click on their Facebook link it just takes you to your own Facebook, so maybe they have left facebook

yes looks like they have deleted the fb following me reporting them.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback