Are there any Holiday parks like Center Parcs?

2»

Comments

• Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    hoseason's brochure features a lot of quieter holiday parks.
    I would suggest looking only...book direct. its much cheaper.
    x x x
  • Thanks for all the suggestions :T

I will have a good look around. Going abroad would be a long drive for us, plus we'd have to get 3 new passports which would add quite a bit on!
  • My sister recommends this:

https://www.manorhousehotel.co.uk
  • We went last year to Centreparcs in Belgium. They have two sites and even adding in the the ferry fare including car (all part of the fun), this didn't come to anything like the price of Longleat for example. I'm just trying to book again now for Easter. When we went last year at half term it wasn't the Belgian halft term so it was even better.
  • altyfc
    altyfc Posts: 788 Forumite
    Check out Park Resorts.
  • dora37
    dora37 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Kitikat wrote:
    I have not been here myself, but a friend of mine has and she highly recommends it. http://www.ribbyhall.co.uk/

We went to Ribby Hall for a weekend last July.

Now I must warn you I do have high standards - so take what you want from my comments.:rotfl:

IMHO the site wasn't as good as the website, though it wasn't dire - I would say OK.

We paid for superior deluxe accomodation and though it was lovely to be around the fishing lake, the accomodation was certainly not deluxe - it was average and dated.

Facilities were average too! I wouldn't rush back there for the amount it cost!

We have been a few times to a low key park with facilities in North Wales called Brynteg:

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/productSite.aspx?ClassCode=LP1183&HolidayTypeName=UKParks

We usually go for a long weekend and book a lodge with a hot tub.

There is a well kept pool (not flumes etc), gym, soft play area, sports hall, tennis courts and timetabled activities eg trampolining, fencing,mountain biking, 5 a side etc.

It is in a beautiful setting.

Roll on Easter :T
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    dora37 wrote:
    We went to Ribby Hall for a weekend last July.

Now I must warn you I do have high standards - so take what you want from my comments.:rotfl:

IMHO the site wasn't as good as the website, though it wasn't dire - I would say OK.

We paid for superior deluxe accomodation and though it was lovely to be around the fishing lake, the accomodation was certainly not deluxe - it was average and dated.

Facilities were average too! I wouldn't rush back there for the amount it cost!

We have been a few times to a low key park with facilities in North Wales called Brynteg:

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/productSite.aspx?ClassCode=LP1183&HolidayTypeName=UKParks

We usually go for a long weekend and book a lodge with a hot tub.

There is a well kept pool (not flumes etc), gym, soft play area, sports hall, tennis courts and timetabled activities eg trampolining, fencing,mountain biking, 5 a side etc.

It is in a beautiful setting.

Roll on Easter :T

We're looking for a week at Whitsun and my DH is very fussy. Took one look at that link and have spent the last hour looking at different sites. Brynteg is too far for us but some of the mid Wales sites look fantastic. Will hopefully be booking this week as my sister is paying some of it as she wants us to take her son away while she is on honeymoon. I thought the prices were reasonable too.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Hi,
    I know it was a while ago that you posted this thread but I have just read it and wanted to respond in case anybody was asking themselves the same question.
    Retallack Resort and Spa in Cornwall is similar to centre parcs in the way it is laid out, however, Retallack is 5* and ever expanding. Just by visiting their website you can see the standards they set are extremely high.
    Retallack is set within the Cornish Countryside and is a short drive away from Padstow, Newquay and Wadebridge.
    Retallack is home to the UK's only outdoor Flowrider - you can find videos of this on you tube.
    In the Summer months/school holidays they have a kids academy, they have 2 spa treatment rooms, a bar/coffee shop and a restaurant. Their health club facilities, which include an indoor heated swimming pool and 2 all weather tennis courts, are open all year round.

I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport