Painting newly plastered wall/ceiling

2»

Comments

• JennyW_2
    JennyW_2 Posts: 1,888 Forumite
    we watered down a cheap emulsion for the first coat then used our regular paint afterwards. No problems.
  • I used covermatt as advised when I had my bathroom replastered last year but underneath the window and where the ceiling joins the walls it's started to flake!
    We finally did it! Debt free 28/6/10 :T :beer: :T :beer:
  • did you water down the first coat? If you did, then the problem can be the plaster was finished off too shinny. In that case, you use sandpaper to key the surface first.

If its not that, then it could be caused by steam in the bathroom, coupled with using matt.

and if its not that, then it could be the surface was contaminated by pva when plastering

and if its not that, just move house, its easier ;)
    go on, adopt a greyhound
    http://www.dgrescue.org.uk/
  • Unfortunatly i have already put a coat on without watering down the paint, i then have put 3 coats on one wall and i have come to drill the walls to hang pictures etc... and the paint flakes off around it, what can i do to rectify this problem??

And secondly all the rest of the walls and celing only have one coat on, can i put a 70/30 coat on that to seal it or is it too late?

Btw im using Dulux Trade Diamond Quick Drying Eggshell Paint Brilliant White if that makes a difference?

Please please please help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport