Bannatynes Gym

Hi

Does anyone know or can recommend way to save on membership at Bannatynes health clubs?

There's one locally which a friend and his wife use, but they paid much less than the usual £300 joining fee and have a deal (I think) on their monthly fees.

There's an offer on currently to use the gym for a month for £60, but ideally I'd like to join as a part of a couple at a good rate so we can both go.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations....

Comments

• RosWright
    RosWright Posts: 178 Forumite
    I think it varies from Gym to Gym
    In manchester there are 2 - one - if you join one you can use the gyms anywhere in the country - at the other gym you can join and can only uses the 2 in manchester
    I had a quote of 10 admin/joining then £45 per month (with no fixed term contract) - or 10 admin/joining and £39 with a contract for member for 12 months.
    The facilites & classes also varied a lot. Bannatynes Manchester Quay St was free towels, Bannatynes Manchester Whitworth St was £1 for towel hire.
    Good luck - see what they can do for you!
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,892
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    DH is a member in Bristol, and you don't have to be a 'couple' to join as a couple, IYSWIM. He and one of our elders at church now have a 'couples' membership, which might raise a few eyebrows!

The Club DH uses used to be a LivingWell, it's cheaper as a Bannatynes, and he can use any club in the country, I think. But he now has to pay if he wants towels, so I am left with a pile of grotty smelly towels after his sauna sessions - he uses the sauna regularly to help his eczema.

So, see if there's a friend you can join with - you don't ever have to go together! I am sure the couple you know could introduce you, and you might both get a free gift or something like that, but in the long term being a couple might well work out cheaper.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • It's easy :

i. Make sure you know of another club in the local area and their pricing...

ii. Go into the Bannatyne club (or any in that matter) and ask to get a tour

iii If you like what you see then ask for the rates

iv. Compare to the other rates you already know and then ask for a discount or reduction of joining fee

v. Fib a little (if need be) - say the other club have waived their joining fee and they will need to match the offer or better it

Truely - it works... I have worked around health clubs for 9 years and now is probably the most difficult market conditions - they need your business...

So make sure you don't have to pay the unfair joining fee!!!!

Hope that helps....

I hate Spammers!
  • I just joined over the weekend with my partner and managed to get one membership fee wavered and a free massage for the other half included along with two membership bags. Not too shoddy :)
  • CeePeeBee
    CeePeeBee Posts: 123
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    erm....Joining fees? Are you kidding me>?!?!

I'm going to Bannatynes after work today to see about joining. If they even mention joining fees I'm walking out.

I was a member of the Nuffield Health gym near my home and paid about £45 per month...no joining fee.

If it's more expensive than that, and also asks for a joining fee I might need help to leave the premises. Not because I'll be mad and angry...because I'll be laughing at them..hard!
  • Bannatynes appear to be one of the tightest gyms for refusing to budge on fees and then when you leave they won't waive a thing. My friends husband got very serious cancer and was told no way could he go for at least a year due to the risk of infection and he needed an immediate major op.
    They were very difficult when his wife who was also a member explained and insisted he serve the full 3 mths notice and wouldn't let him suspend his membership for the year.
    I know it's their terms and conditions but that place is ruled with a heart of ice and no flexibility.
    Suppose old Dunc has to raise his cosmetic surgery cash somehow - certainly not putting it back into the clubs or any goodwill:mad:
  • That's shocking. I was thinking about joining, but this has really put me off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure