Argos - Head office number please

Hi, does anyone have a contact number for head office please? I'm getting nowhere with customer services, I'm not trying to make a complaint I'm just trying to get an issue resolved! Or someone really good to ask for at CS because at the moment both myself and Argos are losing out!!
I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!:mad:

Comments

• djb215
    djb215 Posts: 412 Forumite
    'fraid there's no telephone number for complaints at head office.
    Give CS a ring and ask to speak to a supervisor or a manager see if that resolves the problem?

Writing to H/O would be the best bet:

Argos Ltd.
    489 - 499 Avebury Boulevard
    Saxon Gate West
    Central Milton Keynes
    MK9 2NW

HTH :cool:
    [DISCLAIMER: Any posts made by myself are my opinions and do not represent my employer]

God put me on Earth to acomplish a certain number of things.
    Right now I am so far behind I will probably never be allowed to die!
  • As djb215 said, head office don't deal with complaints so much - it's all done through customer services. You might get somewhere with writing to them, but they will check up on the case most likely to see how far you've gone with customer services and if you haven't used them so much, you'll just be forwarded on to them and get a reply from them.
    Argos Staff Member.
    I'll gladly help with any queries - but if you have any problems and need to get some real guidance, go back to your local store or contact customer services (argos.co.uk).
  • I got through to the MD's office on the phone and spoke to his admin team who came to a deal with me.
    Thanks anyway
  • I see someone has supplied the address. The telephone number I got through on was this one ...

0845 124 0044
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • But the normal helpline number is carp and no1 has authority to do ANYTHING! MD's office got me £20 more than call centre offered & if I didn't REALLY need the faulty product (£180) then I still wud'v told them 2 shove it!
  • ukdangerous2
    ukdangerous2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 30 November 2009 at 12:22PM
    I have been having huge problems with a delivery of bunk beds via Argos Direct and was ready to launch Argos as far as possible ... however having spoken to a manager (Alex ) at the escalation department on 01785 710253 (Argos have two departments for head office - one for the stores and one for Argos direct) he has granted compensation for the problems incurred and more important sorted out by boys beds in part.

Always keep on at them because if you don't they will take and take and take. As they say the customer is always right !
  • Im having problems with argos (again)
    spoke to a very supercilious manager called Sebastian this morning who instists they have done nothing wrong
    Nothing that is apart from advertising a set of sofas as 3-5 days delivery then after taking my money and saying "give the delivery guys a call on monday" advise me that its at least 21 days before they get any in stock.(ordered 18 days ago)
    Guess whos going to be getting a call on monday
    Many thanks for sharing the info
  • Stress_bunny
    Stress_bunny Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 October 2009 at 11:08AM
    Im heartbroken ! My husband and I are finding it hard as only he is working whilst I stay at home with the baby. We couldn't afford a holiday this year but did decide ,as we couldnt go away anywhere , on buying a 42inch Hitachi Tv from ARGOS for £399.

After first month the picture kept going and sound as well. I thought it was HDMI cable but my husband kept looking at it and it corrected itself.Last week sound went for the whole night and (we have SKY) there was no sound on digital either(terrestrial).

We phoned up ARGOS thinking they would be helpful and understand but to our dismay they DONT have to refund OR offer an exchange. I was told an engineer was due out last friday but he phoned us to say he couldnt make it until TODAY (Tuesday). Our tv has been fine,thankfully all weekend but as I said it is intermittent.

I got a follow-up call from ARGOS to say how did the engineer do on the call out but when I explained he had not been out yet and my conerns if he couldnt find fault (intermittent) he gave me AFTERSALES number.

I phoned them today and got some VERY unhelpful,rude and uncaring girl who said I should have read terms and conditions -bascally blaming me for not reading it and they dont have to replace it or exchange it. I told her if the enginner couldnt find a fault-as it doesnt happen all the time she said we would get the Television BACK.

UGH....So not only apparently is it OUR fault for not reading T&C's we may get this television back if the tv behaves itself while he has it.

I would NEVER recommend ARGOS for electrical things.If we bought a toy and it broke im pretty sure they would exchange it.I mean my Husband and I would PAY MORE for one that worked...im so crestfallen.,
    My father having worked for a massive retail company as Head Manager I know how to give good customer service and ARGOS have not deliverd on ANY level so far. As long as they have MY money they dont care !

Not a happy bunny..I always shopped at ARGOS a for Toys, household things but I may never, ever shop there again !:mad: I would love to tell them how to handle staff in their Aftersales office becuase if customers are angry and turn to them for help and they throw it back in their face...it shows their Customer Service training does not exist and IF THEY CONTINUE TO READ SCRIPTS OUT TO CUSTOMERS OVER PHONE THEY MAY AS WELL RUN AUDITIONS FOR A TV SHOW !

N.B. Our television was bought delivered on the 23rd of June...had problems throughout july/august and went worse on september. Why oh why do they not employ friendly staff who even if they cant help tell you "Im so sorry you are having to go through this maybe this would help".. Utterly annoyed. My husband works for SKY so knows about televisions and cables..i'm crying with annoyance ! I have been trained in Customer Services for very well known companies and at high standards too. The companies I have worked for would NEVER treat customers like we have been treated.They would lose customers this way and they know it. Furthermore in this climate where companies are having to rely on customer loyalty to shop you perhaps think it would make sense for them to show how effeciant they are in dealing with problems..not blame the customers ignorance !
  • lindylops_2
    lindylops_2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 30 November 2009 at 12:25PM
    Ordered 2 sofas from Argos 13th September, both delivery WITHIN 28 DAYS, paid in full and was told I would get acknowledgment later that day...no acknowledgement...4 days later I had to phone (oh yes..usual 0845 cost you a fortune number) and after afurther 5 emails got my acknowledgement and order number.

28th day...no phone calls with delivery date...yes you guessed it...IVE HAD TO PHONE THEM...AGAIN...ONLY TO BE TOLD...USUAL CRAP..BEEN LET DOWN BY THE SUPPLIERS NOW WILL GET A DATE BY 18TH OCTOBER...FUNNY THING IS I checked the web site for stock and what they are stating at the moment is delivery WITHIN 7 DAYS which would mean delivery BEFORE 18TH.

CLEARLY ARGOS HAS NOW BROKEN MY AGREEMENT WHICH WAS WITHIN 28 DAYS DELIVERY, THEY ARE CLEARLY MISLEEDING THE PUBLIC EVEN AS WE SPEAK BY FALSE ADVERTISING....

TO BE FAIR THO....THEY DID REFUND ME THE £5.80 DELIVERY CHARGE...OR AT LEAST THEY HAVE SAID THEY WOULD....PARDON THAT I DONT JUMP FOR JOY...PROBABLY COST ME £30 IN PHONE CALLS!!

THEY HAVE OFFERED TO REFUND IN FULL FOR ME TO CANCEL..BUT HAVING WAITED A MONTH I WOULD BE BACK TO SQUARE ONE WITH ANOTHER SUITE COMPANY AND THEY KNOW THAT.....

MY HUSBAND HAS JUST ARRIVED HOME FROM WORK AND SAID SAME THING HAPPENED TO A COLLEAGUE...DONT ORDER....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure