Fsdn 08448 842865

Over the last few days I have been receiving 3 to 5 calls per day from a company called 'FSDN' - tel number 08448 842 865 [ found by dialing 1471 ] claiming to offer some sort of Government scheme to cut debt costs. I have had no luck in tracing the company to stop these nuisance calls, [ yes, I am on TPS ] so can anyone help ?:mad:

Comments

• dipsy
    dipsy Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    not much help but they are not registered on companies house.......

Have you actually spoken to them at all ... guess you have as you say they are saying some sort of government scheme (sounds like IVA), cant you tell them your on TPS and to remove you from their database or you will report them...
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
  • my partner gets these calls all the time, it stems from when he was shopping around for a mortgage and a company sold his details on. tps is no help when the calls are coming from abroad. we also pay bt to block withheld calls,again this is no help when the calls originate in another country. it has subsided quite a bit since i started lying and telling them we won the lottery though
  • I have just received a call (prerecorded message) from FSDN and as I do not accept unsolicited phone calls I immediately hung up.......however......1471 gave me a different number 02031370635. Unfortunately this again is a prerecorded message, but it does give details of a web site, which I have been unable to locate. Perhaps this gives you another direction to try.
  • BECKYC1
    BECKYC1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Ive had a few of these calls. They claim to clear 100% of unsecured debt. The last one was a recorded message and there was an option to press a number to stop having calls from them . I did that and no calls this wk up to now, so hopefully done the trick.
  • I have come home from work, checked the messages on my answering machine to find one of them from this company FSDN. I also have a suspicion that they have called several times before. Although, during the message, the voice said you could press 9 to stop receiving the calls, obviously I could not do this as I wasn't at home when they called. What absolutely infuriates me is that a company can just bombard somebody with calls when they are unwanted. What about the Data Protection Act?! I have read other posts on here where people have said about this company that they could not find a website for them (the message mentioned a website) - I could not find one either. Is there any way that I can stop them calling?
  • Trojan1965
    Trojan1965 Posts: 35 Forumite
    I've just had a call also & after googling, belive the company is FSDM & found this website http://www.fs-dm.com/

They purport to work with National Debtline and a number of recognisable finance firms.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    BECKYC1 wrote: »
    Ive had a few of these calls. They claim to clear 100% of unsecured debt. The last one was a recorded message and there was an option to press a number to stop having calls from them . I did that and no calls this wk up to now, so hopefully done the trick.

I'm always wary of pressing whatever number these pre-recorded message give out to do whatever it is they want you to do as they might end up charging you for just dialling it. Can you let me know how you get on with this BECKYC1.

I've reported them to TPS with the details supplied by Trojan1965. Let’s see if they can do anything about it as I've had loads of letters in the past saying they can't/don't deal with this type of call etc.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just received this from TPS

Thank you for your complaint regarding recorded messages.

Organisations that use recorded phone message to try and sell or promote their products or business have to comply with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. These say that marketers who leave recorded phone messages must obtain prior consent from the subscriber before they can make such a call. Where a subscriber receives a recorded phone message they haven't agreed to there may have been a breach of the regulations.

If you are receiving recorded messages and have not given prior permission, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), whose details are:

Information Commissioner's
    Office
    Wycliffe House
    Water Lane
    Wilmslow
    Cheshire
    SK9 5AF
    Tel: 01625 545745
    Fax: 01625 524510
    Email: [EMAIL="mail@ico.gsi.gov.uk"]mail@ico.gsi.gov.uk[/EMAIL]
    Web: www.ico.gov.uk

I trust the above is satisfactory, but if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Arthur Cummings

TPS Team Leader
  • mummyyummy_2
    mummyyummy_2 Posts: 820 Forumite
    i just got one of these calls too, i am also unsure what to do but i didnt press the number to 'opt-out' of the calls incase i got charged too. aarrrggghh they are soo infuriating :-(
  • Hi, I have just received a call from these people and stupidly pressed "9" to prevent further calls, will have to keep you posted regarding charges incurred. I have reported the call to my phone provider and after reading Lugh_Chronain's post, I emailed the Information Commissioner's Office. Again, I'll update when I get a response. Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure