Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Pharmacy- 'Medinose' + Ioniser £19.99!!

Comments

• harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Lloyds one is only £14.99 at the moment because it's a limited special offer- it's not their usual price. That's why I've posted it as a 'Grabbit'.
  • topple
    topple Posts: 131 Forumite
    They did it at that price last year all summer. Summer must account for 99.9% of sales.

It must cost them only about £7 to make. Can't be good.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    but if people didn't think the real medinose was better their sales would have gone through the floor.

I disagree.
    You are a money saver.
    You have the time and inclination to search out a bargain (and probably find it hard to understand those that don't).

There are plenty of other people who have neither the time nor the inclination to search out bargains or possible don't have a lloyds near them.
    Imagine if you had a brand new baby or were caring 24 hours for an ill realtive.
    You always get what you pay for.

Poeple who have both the time and inclination can often get better deals by shopping round and using quidco etc.
    I woulnd't agree that it's not possible to find the same quality item more cheaply as sometimes it is.
  • harryharp
    Topple- I've just looked at the other thread, and noticed that it was you that started it- so many thanks for the recommendation of this type of product, as I wouldn't have been aware of it otherwise.

But...what can I say? When you questioned whether or not the Lloyds one could be any good or not, it was followed by practically 3 pages of posts from people who had tried the Lloyds one and were recommending it!! So how can you say 'Can't be good'? Are all those people wrong then?!
  • topple wrote: »
    They did it at that price last year all summer. Summer must account for 99.9% of sales.

It must cost them only about £7 to make. Can't be good.

Are you just a little bit peeved that you bought the expensive one? :confused:

Lots of people have given it a good recommendation on this thread.
  • harryharp
    Are you just a little bit peeved that you bought the expensive one? :confused:
    Yes, that thought did cross my mind...
  • topple
    topple Posts: 131 Forumite
    I agree I love a bargain but I am very suspicious when something that retails for £80 has a copy on sale for £15.

It just doesn't feel right.

My hayfever was so bad I didn't want to take the risk that it might not be as effective.

I guess people will have to make a choice but when you consider how much the various drugs cost, both are a cheap option.
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    topple wrote: »
    I agree I love a bargain but I am very suspicious when something that retails for £80 has a copy on sale for £15.

It just doesn't feel right.

My hayfever was so bad I didn't want to take the risk that it might not be as effective.

I guess people will have to make a choice but when you consider how much the various drugs cost, both are a cheap option.

I posted above about the Lloyds one. My DH suffers really badly from hayfever so I bought the Lloyds one for him. He was very sceptical about it but tried it and it really works well. It can stop a bad bout of hayfever quickly.
  • harryharp
    Justamum wrote: »
    I posted above about the Lloyds one. My DH suffers really badly from hayfever so I bought the Lloyds one for him. He was very sceptical about it but tried it and it really works well. It can stop a bad bout of hayfever quickly.
    Many thanks. I'm really glad I bought it now. My son is also very sceptical about it, and also about the ioniser...but we shall see!!
  • Js_Other_Half
    Js_Other_Half Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    The Lloyds one was brilliant for me last year - I would heartily recommend it. I seem to think last year there'd been an MSE insert (onto one of the threads) explaining it was so cheap as it was a special offer?

Edited to say I've found the original email tip:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/health/cheap-hayfever-remedies#light
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills