Direct Debit... How long do they take to process?

Ok, I currently send a small sum to a charity every month, they send the DD instruction to take the funds out of my account on tuesday, thing is, I dont know when it will come out of my account.

They gave me the option of paying by standing order if it works out better for me but does a standing order help your credit profile like I know a DD does.
I am a Mortgage Adviser
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it.
This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

Comments

• Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    hey send the DD instruction to take the funds out of my account on tuesday, thing is, I dont know when it will come out of my account.
    DD's take 3 working days to set up, and on the last day the money is seen leaving your account and appearing in the other account. (As distinct from a SO where the delay may be 3 days.)
    does a standing order help your credit profile like I know a DD does.
    If you're referring to your 'credit score' neither directly affect it at all.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family