Vodafone to Change Prices from 11 Oct 2011

Options

Comments

• spikejrt
    spikejrt Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like a company rounding up the 20% vat increase....
  • berjangles
    berjangles Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2011 at 1:35PM
    Options
    I checked my contract with vodaphone, and the 0871/0844 cost is already 35p/min today, so I can't get a 10% increase from that method. Out of bundle calls are going from 20p -> 35p.
  • berjangles
    edited 23 September 2011 at 1:36PM
    Options
    In last few days I have rung the customer 'service' number 4 times and been given 4 different answers to what my current rate is for calling mobiles (outside of inclusive minutes); 15p, 20p, 35p, 21p.
    The first three calls went through to the call centre abroad and the last one to the call centre in the UK.
    I wouldn't have thought this is a difficult question for them.
  • berjangles
    edited 23 September 2011 at 1:36PM
    Options
    I called again today and got through to the Egyptian call centre. They told me 18p/min; so I now have 5 different answers !!
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    bbxsa wrote: »
    I didn't know about the loss of the fax service until I next needed to receive a fax and then was mighty irritated to discover it gone. But it was too late to do anything about it.

As for the increase in the cost of data abroad, I did complain at the time but they said it was not one of their "core" services so I could not be released from my contract. I didn't know how else to pursue the issue. (However, ever since the change I have not put a single byte of data through my Vodafone account abroad. I have an old BlackBerry with a T-Mobile SIM. They charge £20 for 6 months BlackBerry service and £15/month to use it abroad. A really great deal I think and hence why I will be looking to change from Vodafone once my contract is up.)

I have basically decided that the next time I sign a mobile contract, I want all of the prices and services agreed to emailed to me so I have something in writing. Otherwise it is just too difficult to try to argue with them about what was agreed. (But I have my doubt as to whether they would even email me an agreement as the sales agents seem to say just about anything over the phone to sell a contract).
    What plans that BB plan sounds ideal !
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    simax wrote: »
    However, my out-of-bundle call charges will go up from 21p/min to 35p/min, which is an increase of 67%. Much higher than 5% RPI.

Time to read the small print people!!!!!
    And that is a change of terms....MASS cancellation !
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • samperry209
    Options
    Do we have a leg to stand on or what?

I want to leave vodafone..they are really expensive.
  • alliz
    alliz Posts: 101 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2011 at 3:01AM
    Options
    this is call charges if you sign up before 31 May 2011

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/price-plans/pay-monthly/call-charges/call-charges-feb-may/index.htm

The new call charges is here

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mybill

The price increase will only affected those taking the contract before 31May as those after that are already charge with this new price.

You will only be affected if your last month bill will increase by 10 percent if u apply this new charges to it. So for you to be affected, you have to use more minute than your minute allowances to call vodafone/ landline/0844/0871 numbers. If you go over your minute but only call other mobile company numbers u r less likely to be affected espicially if your call if more than 30 sec. and also vodafone reduced call charges to 0800/0845 and 0870 numbers so if you call lots of thesenumber will also decrease will bill. I upgrade in April this year on £20 monthly with 100 mins. Last month my bill was £50 as Igo over my minutes and all the call I've been charge with are to vodafone and landline numbers. I call voda CS on Wednesday to tell them i am affected by the price increase and thecs lady confirm that i will be affected and can terminate but have to write in to them. Very happy as I got a top of the range BB phone with the £20 contract which hopefully will last for 6 months if I am able to terminate. I did manually calculated the increase b4 I call CS and it will cost me extra £7 so more than 10% .

HTH
  • dskerratt
    Options
    Hi, this is my first post here, but hopefully a good one: How much notice do vodafone have to give me of these changes? As of now I have not had any notice of changes. I would like to get out of my contract (should it be possible) if they have made a mistake by not informing me in good time.
  • berjangles
    Options
    dskerratt wrote: »
    Hi, this is my first post here, but hopefully a good one: How much notice do vodafone have to give me of these changes? As of now I have not had any notice of changes. I would like to get out of my contract (should it be possible) if they have made a mistake by not informing me in good time.

They texted me with a link to the new charges, last week
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport