£2012 in 2012

mennie
mennie Posts: 493 Forumite
edited 4 February 2012 at 6:57PM in Boost your income
Right who's with me?

I am setting myself a challenge of generating/ making savings of £2012 in 2012. I read the millionaires challenge and Make £10,000 challenge, but they are just a tad out of my reach:p

I work full time, have a loooong commute and various other commitments so just dont have the time to commit to those amounts.

This year I have kept track of the additional money I have made/saved and my tally is at £1445.69. So £2012 shouldnt be tooooo much of a stretch.

This year I set up a spreadsheet and had the following catagories for each month, but you track it however you like.......
  • Selling - Ebay, Amazon Market Place, Music Magpie, Local Paper, Boot Fair, Swapping, Green Metropolis
  • Surveys - You Gov, one poll, Pure Profile
  • Paid to Click - Archer Fish, Pigsback
  • Cashback - Top Cashback, R Points, Free Fivers, Quidco, FatCheese, My Shopping Rewards, Misc
  • Mystery Shopping - Grass Roots, Gap Buster, Retail Eyes
  • Freebies - Applied for, Blagged, Multibuys, Chance, Try me free
  • Coupons - Applied for, Blagged, chance
  • Loyalty - Club Card, Nectar, local garden centre, east coast, cafe nero, advantage cards
  • Complaints - Train delay, voucher, cheque, product
  • Trials - Tesco, Boots
  • Misc - unfranked stamps, overtime, bonus, competition wins, money found on floor, Interest
I will provide a monthly update
Is this anything obvious I have missed and who is with me?

List of £2012 in 2012 Challengers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_GB&hl=en_GB&key=0AnkeqXWTS-2ddFUxcW9fTk82RmpJVmV0NlNnSDNlalE&output=html
2014 = New Year, New Me

Comments

• RobEssex
    RobEssex Posts: 40 Forumite
    I'm with you, the others are also a bit out of my reach - but i'll definately give this one a go!
    52 week money challenge £1/1378
  • mennie
    Fab anymore victims?:rotfl:
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yes! I'd really like to do this.
    Realistically I would like to make more but get rather disheartened when I fail dismally. This sounds possible and, if i'm committed, then I have to make it work! So . . . count me in.
  • I'm tempted to join in. The only "problem" I have with these sorts of challenges is that I'm self-employed, doing a few different things, so it's hard to define what is "side earnings" and what is just my regular earnings. Your list makes it clearer though, mennie, I can stick to those sort of things instead of my established part time jobs/contracts.
  • twirly09
    twirly09 Posts: 177 Forumite
    im up for this =)

not sure how i'll do it yet, but it sounds a good one :). Like the others, the other targets were out of my reach!. This sounds a good one :)
    :eek: How did I let it get such a mess? :eek:
  • This sounds great, I think it's a realistic target too :-)
  • skintsue
    skintsue Posts: 172 Forumite
    Count me in. Keeping a list between now and January of impulse buys, after the planned presents, should show me where the biggest risks to the project are, and how to avoid them.
    I divorced my First Husband on Religious Grounds:A
    He thought He was God. I didn't!;)
  • I am definately up for this, put my name down :j
    Debt free in 2012 - #117 £1454.73/£10813.21

• mennie
    edited 9 December 2011 at 10:09AM
    So We have eight challengers and I have added you all the the first post with a number.

I am going to post my own monthly update broken down into catogories and it would be good if you did the same to help encourage other challengers and help each other come up with ideas.

If you could each PM me with your monthly totals I will add them to the first post

If £2012 is too little or too much then you can aim for multiples of eg £606 or £4024.

£2012 is £168 per month. Whats your ideas for the first month? I have a couple of PPI claims in I am hoping will pay out. I also have a claim in for a tax rebate due to washing uniform at home. I manage to use at least £15 in coupons per month. Its going to be tight
    2014 = New Year, New Me
  • I think January will be the month of Ebay selling and selling a few things on my blog.

Some other ideas I've got are to finally use the Tesco vouchers I've been accumulating, trying to make some money via Affiliate Marketing, have a "no buy" month where I only buy actual essentials and enter a load of competitions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure