Gtreat wilson Street,
    Leeds
    LS11 5AD.
    Phone number 0113 243 5435

:j
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Suggest you write to their head office as above, don't waist your time phoning.

You could also try contacting trading standards and/or customer direct if you think you need further advice.

customer direct 08454 04 05 06 - there are also a few alternative numbers on SayNoTo0870.com

Same if you look up trading standards on SayNoTo0870.com

Good luck!
  • Hi you need a new number

Asda customer relations team now on Free Phone

thanks

Andy ( Home shopping driver Asda Stores South East )

Thankyou Andy

Finally spoke to someone helpful
  • Hi you need a new number

Asda customer relations team now on Free Phone

thanks

Andy ( Home shopping driver Asda Stores South East )

Thankyou Andy & basildon lad

Finally spoke to someone helpful
  • I'm writing to them. Took school trousers back under 100 day guarantee regarding fabric quality and was refused exchange or refund. Told it just applied to seams coming undone or buttons falling off. Not what it says on the website. Manager was called and even she said same thing. Can not believe they act like this for £3.50 pair of trousers which I was rightly complaining about. Will not be buying them there again so has cost them more than £3.50. How short sighted of them. Obviously don't look for business sense when they hire people.
  • Must say ManicMum, I had a similar experience with Argos a few years back, the managers attitude was atrocious - it was the Richmond upon Thames branch. I ended up having to call their head office and got more joy from them, rediculous really. Funny thing is, around about the same time I also had a problem with a video player I bought from John Lewis, they sorted my problem with no quibble. Amazing!

Was also thinking you could copy what it says on ASDA'S Ts&Cs, maybe you'll have more joy if you do this [hopefully].

Good luck!
  • I also have had a horrendous time with Asda Direct. I bought a microwave that sounded like a faulty food processor when you turn it on. It sounded like the motor was grinding on itself. I've wasted 5 houirs of my time and nearly £20 in petrol just to get to the point of recieving a refund so I could buy one elsewhere. No apology and diabolical service. I found an email address on another forum for a "linda kellett" who is supposed to be quite high up but she just replied to say she'd passed the complaint on to their 'response' team. who haven't responded after a week.

Having just seen an advert for Asda Direct claiming to be cheaper than Argos I would have to say the following:
    1. You have to pay for delivery or have it delivered to store but Argos usually have the item in stock for immediate purchase.
    2. If there is a problem you have the hassle of posting it back or returning it to store, who in my experience were unhelpful and made it clear that it's not their problem as Asda Direct are actually a different division of Asda. Additionally they will not accept responsibility for an item you had delivered to a different store, so if like in my case there have been a number of problems they refuse to even offer an apology and direct you back to the store it was delivered to. In my experience, Argos are Argos no matter which store you use to buy and return an item to!
    3. The Asda Direct phoneline is in South Africa and not in the UK. If you call them with a problem they will just direct you to go to the store. In my experience the call centre people were not properly trained and gave us false information.When I called about the faulty microwave I was not asked for any customer information plus the customer service rep had to keep asking someone else for answers because she didn't know.
    4. It is VERY HARD to find any sort of phone number to direct complaints towards with respect to Asda Direct. I'm really grateful to the poster who supplied the phone number as I couldn't find anything online!

It's been a frustrating experience using Asda Direct. I know it's only ever a small proportion of customers who have problems but I wouldn't recommend Asda Direct after my experience, because if you are unfortunate enough to have a problem you potentially may have a massive headache to sort it out. I wasted time and money using them. Never again!
  • the number for Head Office customer services at Asda House in Leeds is 011382 61267 or 0800 9520101 and today having suffered the Asda Direct call centre :(, I rang them and they were superb. They rang me back and couldn't be more helpful. :D
  • ASDA are not coming across as a very good company. I sent them the following letter and emailed the same contents twice and I have had no response and the letter was sent over a month ago:
    Dear sir/madam
    I am writing to you as a long term customer of ASDA to inform you of an incident that happened in your Cheltenham store last week.
    My wife was visiting your new store, which we were pleased about as it saves us having to travel to Gloucester to shop, with our two young children. She had a trolley with our two year old son sat in the seat and my five year old daughter walk alongside. My wife stopped the trolley along the cake aisle and went to pick up a birthday cake, as she turned back around to the trolley she saw one of the metal hangers that advertise what’s on the shelves falling towards my son. She managed to catch the end of it but not before it hit our son on the head which made him scream out crying and left and bruise and a bump. After calming him down she tracked down a member of staff who apologised and offered a first aider.
    The hanger was not close enough for my son to have touched it so it must have been poorly attached. I don’t want to be over dramatic but if it were to fall all of the way and he had taken the full force it would have cause a more severe injury. I feel I needed to flag this up as it shouldn’t be something that should have any chance of happening in a store frequented by hundreds of thousands of people every year.
    We enjoy shopping at ASDA but this, to be totally honest, has marred our view of your shop and has left a question mark over whether we should return.
    I would appreciate a response from you as I just need to know that the issue has been acknowledged.
    Kind regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport