Problems With CarpetRight! Help!!

2»

Comments

• Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We have an old cottage and not one single wall in the house is level or straight.

A very competent independent fitter came and laid tile effect lino and they did it from the middle... hard to explain... they settled the lino so the biggest area was down first and made sure it lined up then fitted around the edges.

As such when you look into the room the largest expanse of squares show straight, whole and unbroken giving the illusion the room has level walls. (Sorry that is a terrible description)

The point being we have the most awkward of houses and yet a competent fitter managed to make the flooring look beautiful and even.

Therefore carpet rite fails.
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • Hi, because the original job was a insurance job, the insurance have to make your house right.

DO NOT CALL CARPETRIGHT. CALL THE INSURANCE.

The contract was with the insurance to repair your carpet, and that has not been done correctly.
    Explain to your insurance that the job has to be done correctly and not recycling and stretching old pieces as result of their neglegence, (this is apparent as another fitter came round and tried to correct it).

Call the insurance and demand that the fitters fit it properly with new carpet, and its not the insurance who have to pay, its the fitters who have not complied with the sale of goods and services act.
  • Well I thought I'd dive into this one because we've had a problem with Carpetright today - they were due to carpet our bedroom, adjoining dressing room and another room in the house. Their sales guy came out and measured up and mismeasured so the carpet did not fit in the bedroom. They said 'we'll get you another on next Friday'. When I pointed out I had no-where to sleep till then they said 'well can't help that'. So I told the manager it was breach of the contract to supply and that they had mismeasured it was up to them to sort it out or take the whole lot away and refund us including the fitting fee.

An hour later the manager called back, agreed to refund for the carpet and fitting fee and said the fitter would return to take away the fitted carpet in the dressing room (the fitter having already fitted it while I was talking to Carpetright) and that the fitter would refund the fitting costs.

However my husband subsequently spoke to the fitter who has been told HE has to bear the cost of refunding the fitting costs. Despite the fact it was Carpetright's error. I would never use them again. Their customer service is shocking. We're now left with no carpet because we of course removed the old one and sleeping on the floor till we can find a decent carpet company who can deliver us two carpets and get them fitted. Am very unhappy with their 'computer says no' attitude and would advise others to avoid them. It's hard though, what with Allied Carpets going bust, in some places there is little competition which lets them get away with murder.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure