Student Funding, Art Foundation course,

Hi, I am starting an Art Foundation Diploma at a university this September, and I was wondering if there are any bursaries or any type of funding at all for those doing my type of course? Or are you only applicable for funding when doing a BA course?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• magoogy
    magoogy Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    im afraid i had this problem last year with my daughter...she did her course at bradford college...we found she wasnt entitled to anything but, because she was 19 she could apply for the adult learners grant of £30 a week which she got....she also applied to the college for help with travel costs and they funded her a bus pass for the full terms travel....also, any costs like exam costs was fully funded and she also put in for a small grant through the college to help her pay for the items needed for the course - she was awarded £75 and told she could apply again if needed, but, luckily she has managed on that...

the reason you cant get anything is because foundation courses dont warrant funding...

good luck...
  • weez.
    weez. Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thankyou!

i've already applied for funding for travel, and will definitely consider putting in for a grant!
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Some colleges offer the option of doing the Art Foundation Course as Year 0 of a degree course, making it four years and bringing it under the higher education funding umbrella for all four years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure