The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Prepaid Envelopes

Comments

• posty_3
    posty_3 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Dont blame us poor posties we are only doing what we are told.
    When you get your mail at 4pm are you the last person that gets a delivery on that round or does he/she have another hour of work to do before the round is finished ?.how can you have your mail at 10am when they are still sorting it up at 11am ,You are supposed to finish at 2pm but have to work another 2-3 hours nearly everyday un-paid to finish your round because if you ask for overtime everyone in the office will lose their bonus ,they would get bullied so bad (by managers too) that they just quit the job and don't tell me its B*lls*it because i have seen it happen.
    The max weight of a bag to be carried is 8-11 kg depending on the type of mail,i sort a walk to be delivered by 3 men in the morning there use to be 6 but that has been cut to 3 which was the whole point of the single daily delivery job cuts.they each take 5 bags weighing 8-11kg everyday to be delivered,bags are dropped off and they collect them from points around the walk The most bags taken out for delivery this year so far in ONE DAY by a single postman is 23.
    little bit of inside info for you:
    If you are caught stealing you get the sack,if its been a while since its been in the papers about a postman/woman caught stealing they will take you to court as a warning to others:
    So be warned they like to biuld up a strong case so you cannot say it is a one off thing you did.
    Please close this thread, un-like all the other threads posted here which are legal offers provided by individual firms.
    One last thing ROYAL MAIL may not take you to court but how about the other firms who handle your mail ? everyone forgets that ROYAL MAIL are not the only ones that handle your mail anymore !
  • I put our income check in the bank evey monday morning using one of these - I put it in by hand so I'm not using the postage it is saving me an envelope every week though!
    If you have things that you can post by hand these can save you money without fraud!
  • wrote:
    Or you could use the prepaid envelopes to dispose of junk mail. They send some to you, you send them some back. :D

will do this.. :T
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    MODS this is hardy a SHOPPING topic :rolleyes:
    ac's lovechild
  • Yeah it is - we ain't buying envelopes!
  • Benji
    Benji Posts: 640 Forumite
    Here's my 2 penny-worth of how to deal with junk mail.

1) Register with TPS/MPS etc online - costs nothing.

2) That takes a while to take effect, so re-use the envelopes with a stamp until they stop arriving.

3) After about a month, mail should only come from companies that you have asked for info (are you SURE you haven't ticked the box that says 'send me your junk' when you've entered their online competition?)

3a) If you get legitimate junk mail after that - email the company to remove your address. Keep the email as you're then covered by the MPS
    3b) If you get illegitimate junk mail, report online to the MPS.

And some thoughts about junk mail...

It provides about 70% of the RMs letter business - it really does keep the posties in work.

If you send the 'junk' back to the company, it costs them more, and that gets passed on in cost to the consumer - which might be you or I!

Re-using the envelopes through the post without adding a stamp is illegal, full stop. It's not 'only illegal if youre caught'. It will frequently cause the letters recipient to have to pay a large surcharge. Will they really think a letter from you is worth £1 plus! Inciting fraud is also an offence - hope your home addresses are all kept private by the MSE site.
    Life should be a little nuts; otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together.
  • nina_2
    nina_2 Posts: 42
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ooo thank you. I registered with TPS and MPS, yet I still receive junk email. But I didn't know that if I use email to contact the relevant companies I am covered for it.
    Thanks for the tip!
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am thinking of doing this.
  • Lol. This thread is great. Gave me loads of ideas. :)
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts