HSBC to introduce Rapport Software.

HSBC are to introduce Rapport Software for users, no charge to user.

http://www.trusteer.com/product-0

Any comments on this welcome.;)

Comments

• davethorp
    davethorp Posts: 1,576
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Natwest keep on nagging me to install this when I sign into internet banking. I tend to ignore them
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    RBS group have been using that for a while. My mother has it on her machine. It's absolutely transparent and not a resource hog. Reccomended :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • retiredbri
    retiredbri Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 29 January 2010 at 11:36PM
    It is interesting that HSBC give its customers McAfee free and now Rapport free.
    The Trusteer site has a link to show compatabily with other products and that lists that McAfee Internet Security Suite does have some compatibility problems with Rapport.

I am not a wizard in these matters and the "big red warning" that you could get when trying to use Raport when I'm already using McAfee provided by HSBC would stop me continuing.

The Trusteer site says:
    "Rapport is designed to work alongside your existing antivirus software and firewall"

"Designed to work" is not a guarantee. I've read many reports of people not having problems with Rapport and of people who do have problems. I do not have the knowledge to get my computer out of a mess if there was a problem and for that reason, I just can't take the risk of breaking my PC.
    Also, who will be liable and will HSBC pay to fix all the PCs that hang up and stop working?
    (Need an expert to read the fine print please)

To conclude, I think that the big anti-virus companies should take on board the "Rapport modules" and embed them it into their products and only after extensive tests should a composite "Anti Virus-Firewall-Rapport" product be offered to HSBC customers.

Regards

retiredbri
  • C'mmon, 21st century now is it?
    ''I am not a wizard in these matters and the "big red warning" that you could get when trying to use Raport when I'm already using McAfee provided by HSBC would stop me continuing.''

If you not familiar with computers, please stay with your paper statements and keep distance from internet, otherwise you will be ripped of by the hackers. (easy target) lol
  • The promoters of Rapport suggest the software compliments your anti virus software, not replaces it. It does seem to add another layer and carry out different functions in that it protects your log in details for sites where you input sensitive info.

It also seems to warn you when you try to enter log in details to sites not registered with it. As far as I know, Norton doesn't do this, so for me its an added bonus and works fine for me.
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Been using it for a couple of weeks now - will have to get round to checking how it picks up sites some time. So far, has picked up HSBC and Coventry automatically, but not Barnsley or Nationwide.
  • surfcat
    surfcat Posts: 734 Forumite
    ehonda wrote: »
    C'mmon, 21st century now is it?
    ''I am not a wizard in these matters and the "big red warning" that you could get when trying to use Raport when I'm already using McAfee provided by HSBC would stop me continuing.''

If you not familiar with computers, please stay with your paper statements and keep distance from internet, otherwise you will be ripped of by the hackers. (easy target) lol

If the banks took that attitude they would quickly have severe problems with a huge number of people reverting to branch banking. The fact that ehonda gets a big red warning from his/her antivirus software when trying to install Raport suggests rather that the software hasn't been designed properly, no?
  • surfcat
    surfcat Posts: 734 Forumite
    I particularly object to these terms:

"IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTION AND MERCHANTABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY...The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by you. This disclaimer of warranty constitutes an essential part of this License Agreement."

and this one...

"UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL LICENSOR OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERUPTION, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT LICENSOR RECEIVED FROM YOU FOR A LICENSE TO THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF LICENSOR SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY."

this one in particular implies some form of network sniffing other that the advertised use..

"We do log attempts to modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, and terminate the software."

No doubt I have broken the terms and conditions already by republishing excerpts here...

SC
  • jmpjmp
    jmpjmp Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 10 March 2010 at 3:19PM
    Inactive wrote: »
    HSBC are to introduce Rapport Software for users, no charge to user.

Any comments on this welcome.;)
    Unfortunately I down loaded this Rapport Trusteer" software from hsbc log in page.
    I had issues with the time it was taking as it slowed my computer.
    I uninstalled it by clicking start - control pannel - uninstall programmes.
    It did not work
    I cantacted trusteer support and after five emails and lots of phone calls they could not remove it and said they would get an expert to ring me back. one week later they have not.
    I contacted hsbc and they too can not remove it
    It appears to have gone, when you look in - start - programmes.
    it also appears to have gone should you look in -start - control panel - uninstall programmes.
    However if I click start - search - advanced search - and tick the box for hidden files - it is still there. More alarmingly there is a file called rapoortbukabroom that Trusteer support do not recognise
    it appears i can not get rid of it.
    is that legal - is there anything i can do?
    JUSTEER REMOTELY CONTROLED MY PC AND SORTED THE PROBLEM TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport