PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Short Term Tenancy Agreement

Hi All,

Does anybody know of a website where you can download a free template of a Short term tenancy agreement?

I am renting my flat out without using an agent so am looking to put together the required documents myself but at as little cost as possible!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi All,

Does anybody know of a website where you can download a free template of a Short term tenancy agreement?

I am renting my flat out without using an agent so am looking to put together the required documents myself but at as little cost as possible!!

Thanks in advance

Just found this, hope it is of use.

propertyinvestmentproject.co.uk
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Google 'free AST'.

Better still, join a landlord's association. Worth every penny not just for the AST and other documents. and it's tax-deductable. RLA or NLA or find a local one that's affiliated to the RLA.
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Another vote for joining a landlords association, no doubt it will save you a fortune in schoolboy errors.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • tbs624
    tbs624 Posts: 10,816 Forumite
    pixelpup wrote: »
    Just found this, hope it is of use.

xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk
    pixelpup - other posters have previously signed up to plug away on behalf of this particular site. As I've posted before the free AST that they (you?) offer on there has a number of clauses within it that just won't stand up.

• Windows to be cleaned every two months?
    • Tenant to give 2 months notice to be able to leave at the end of the fixed term?
    • Implying that the Ts right to QE applies only if T keeping to all tenancy obligations and paying the rent?
    • Court action for repossession within the Term if a T becomes bankrupt?
    • The T to " keep cleansed and free from obstruction all gutters, down pipes, drains, sanitary apparatus, water and waste pipes"?
    • The T to be responsible for keeping the window sash cords in good repair?

Yes, a "free " AST is always useful (not)

Bit of a give away when the original OP posted over two and a half years ago.......nothing like a bit of forum gravedigging and a spot of self promotion is there
    ?:rotfl:
  • clutton_2
    clutton_2 Posts: 11,149 Forumite
    OP - since you dont even know the correct name for what you are looking for - i stronly suggest you join National Landlords Association and get it right...

you CANNOT become a landlord on the cheap and get it right...

the first time you will know that yoru tenancyh agreement is rubbish is when a Judge throws out yoru court case when you are trying to get eh tenant from hell out of yoru property//

Tenancy Agreements can be 1/2 page long of 100 pages long.. there is NO standard agreement - get one from a good source such as landlords association

i assume you are not an indigenous Brit - if that is the case you need all the help you can get as there are over 100 Laws and REgulations controlling landlords and tenants affairs.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure