Telecoms credit reclaiming. Guide discussion

Comments

• nitelite
    nitelite Posts: 11
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I joined sky last year but then cancelled within the cooling off period. Money had been taken from my account, I did query this but it wasn't refunded and over time I simply forgot to chase it....till now. Thanks to Martin's alert, I now have £30.70 coming back to me in the next 48 hours :T
    Thankyou Martin
  • I had two 3 to go accounts from Three mobile. I was told that the credit couldn't be refunded when I closed the accounts ages ago.

I wasn't happy about it and always held on to my statements.

I received Martin's newsletter telling us to ask about unclaimed credit and it inspired me to phone up and again asked for a refund. This time I was instantly refunded. I am getting £13

Don't know whats changed but Thanks go to Martin and his team!!!!
  • I moved house in July and had to change phone numbers (even though we were only moving next door - apparently you can only keep your number if you are a BT customer?!). This meant I had to close one TalkTalk account and open a new TalkTalk account. I had assumed that the credit from the old account would be transferred to the new one. It wasn't! I have also been checking my bank statements to see if the credit had been paid. I had no idea you had to phone up to get the credit back. So after yesterday's MSE email I phone and got just over £14 back immediately. So thank you.

PLEASE NOTE THOUGH THE PHONE NUMBER FOR TALKTALK CUSTOMERS IS 0870 4441820. THE NUMBER ON THE MSE WEBSITE GIVEN FOR TALKTALK IS INCORRECT. THAT NUMBER IS FOR OLD TISCALI CUSTOMERS WHO ARE NOW PART OF TALKTALK. THEY CANNOT HELP THOSE WHO ARE ORIGINAL TALKTALK CUSTOMERS.
  • Virgin media are sending me £6 via cheque..............call took two minutes.
  • MSE_Jenny
    MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MSE Staff
    Editor_1 wrote: »

PLEASE NOTE THOUGH THE PHONE NUMBER FOR TALKTALK CUSTOMERS IS 0870 4441820. THE NUMBER ON THE MSE WEBSITE GIVEN FOR TALKTALK IS INCORRECT. THAT NUMBER IS FOR OLD TISCALI CUSTOMERS WHO ARE NOW PART OF TALKTALK. THEY CANNOT HELP THOSE WHO ARE ORIGINAL TALKTALK CUSTOMERS.

Thanks Editor, we've updated the guide with that number.
  • As a previous Talktalk customer who is 100% sure I had credit left on my account I rang them but was told by an automated voice machine that my phone number is not recognised - so I emailed them and was told I need to tell them my 10 digit account number, as I no longer have this paperwork I don't know what to do next, any advice would be appreciated, thanks Lesley
  • tee_pee_2
    tee_pee_2 Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Cannot believe this, just made my husband phone Sky -we left in 2007. and after a very long call ( which will prb costs £3 on the phone bill) they said sorry we owe you a £40 credit.!!!!!! Today has yet again reinorced why I love this site so very very much
    Tee
  • uk69gb wrote: »
    I was with Onetel - which was bought by TalkTalk. I had £7+ credit at the end of the contract. I called TalkTalk when I realised the credit had not been transferred to my new TalkTalk account. They said that although they are now the same company they are unable to transfer any balance (but I am sure they would have transferred a debit balance - lol ) .... I have called them a number of times over the last 2 years. Eventually they told me I must give them my credit card number to receive the credit ..... but my old account was in my mother's name and she does not have/use a credit card !!! .... gggrrrrrrr

I also was with Onetel and now with Talk Talk and am having the same trouble. It seems Talk Talk just don't want to know. They won't even tell me if I have any credit! Can anyone out there help?
  • udchishti wrote: »
    Hi ,

Would anyone know if this includes Pay as you Go credit. I'm with O2 and have about £60 worth of credit on my account. Can/Should that be refunded ?

Thanks

They say that it cannot be refunded. I put £20 credit on my phone in 2007 and then stopped using the sim. I rang them to try and reclaim this credit and was told that after six months records are wiped and therefore there was no record of that transaction. I tried arguing with them, about how I felt they should have kept the data for 6 years. In all, I was on the landline phone for forty minutes about this. I am very disappointed.
  • I have never sent a thread before so bare with me if i screw this up.

I got some money back from Vodafone only by an email they sent me today saying that I can look at my next bill by on line. I closed my account with them in September. I rang them and after 5 minutes they finally said they owed me money. If I hadn't recieved that email I would not have known this. They certainly aren't going to tell me. I should recieve it by the end of the month, I will keep a good eye out for that.
    I always keep paper work for 1 year incase anything ever does go wrong. That way you still have all your information they end up asking you for. It does work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure