Sat/Sun 23rd/24th Feb: What small DFW-style things will you be doing today?

124»

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Evening all.....& a freezing cold one it is, too, here in the Midlands.
    This weekend has been pretty good on the whole, apart from the extra heating I've been putting on as it's sooooo cold.
    *Shopped yesterday (£2 off new supermarket offer)
    *Free coffee at a local coffee shop (loyalty card)
    *Snowdrop walk - free. We did buy coffees & cashier gave our loyalty card an extra stamp for venturing out in the cold! Snuck out 2 llittle home-baked cakes to have with it, brought from home. Took packed lunch too. (Our coldest picnic EVER!)
    *Did a competition & a survey.
    *Bought gorgeous top in 'Monsoon' with my giftcard, so therefore counts as free top. Picked up details of their discount scheme where you take in an old Monsoon garment & get a £10 discount off a new one.
    *Found pretty summer top in charity shop - M&S 'Per una' - only £3.50. A size smaller than me, but bought it as a goal garment as I plan to continue with the weight loss & I can get it on, it's just a little bit tight over the muffin top!
    Think that's everything for me - We've had pretty much a relaxed peaceful weekend.
    Cheers,
    foxgloves x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Old car has just been towed off to the great scrapyard in the sky. Got £80 for him. Better than nothing.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Evening my Lovelies

Haven't left the house so another feeble list for today

Check Banks - Done
    Check swapits - Done
    Check www.freepostcodelottery.com - Done
    Sort craft room -
    Up to date on emails - Done

Surveys - Done
    General Tidy Round - Done
    Meals from stores - Done
    Read or Knit - 75% cushion complete
    Enter a few comps - Done a few

Love to you all

C xx
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• josiebabie
    josiebabie Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all

Not much for me today as I spent all day (8am :eek: til 5pm) with a friend with family troubles. I still acheived this though:

- Checked bank
    - Managed to keep out of spending trouble as friend decided on a whim she wanted to go to local safari, when we got there she realised it would be £120 :eek: for all of us (2 adults, 3 kids, 1 free) so we turned around!
    - Fish n chips for lunch and cake. Spent the last £9 I had for this months budget on our share, but get paid on Tues
    - Baked cakes for lunches
    - Made up the weeks porridge pots
    - DIDN'T IRON ANYTHING :rotfl:Need to work out how to make two shirts last the week, mix with smart tops/dresses
    - 1x HC
    - Bathed DD and tricked her into bed by 6.45 :rotfl:
    - Checked 0% BT has been done :D 24.9% card empty :D 0% card full :eek:
    - Treat myself to a bath this evening - that sounds awful!

Thats me plus an early night tonight, heres hoping I might get up early and not get ready in a rush tomorrow.

Jx
    Nothing to report as yet...give me a minute...!
  • Finally finished the binding. Very pleased with the results and just in time, am visiting my bff and her family on Thursday

http://s1137.beta.photobucket.com/user/dnms1/media/Jessesquilt.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • thats stunning dnms

i also like the pic of the cake yum xxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • awwww thanks LPP! Am very pleased with myself :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Since my brother installed us a log burner, I've been saving money by spotting pallets and burning them.... I've been chopping them down all day. Then I found this handy little guide to making things out of pallets too: http://www.dumpaday.com/genius-ideas-2/35-amazing-uses-for-old-pallets/ I fancy giving it a go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure