I need a loan but dont work help please

Comments

• welf_man
    welf_man Posts: 564 Forumite
    Concentrate on teaching them values and selflessnessinstead of desire for THINGS.

My DD couldn't think of much she wanted for her 14th birthday so she asked people to donate to the Disasters Emergency Committee as there'd just been a TV appeal - I was SO proud of her!

She knows we don't have much money so she's been saving her pocket money all year to go halves with me on geckos and a vivarium for Christmas. I'd never dream of spending £500 on her even if I had it.

Yes, I know I'm boasting because she's a great kid - but you can bring yours up to be great too!

Mel.
    Though no-one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.

(Laurie Taylor, THE no. 1864)
  • Rule number one for Xmas

Don't spend what you can't afford..

Rule number two

Don't borrow to buy other people presents.
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    BASFORDLAD wrote: »
    Why on why would some dream on spending £500 for thier kids birthday???. i really dont get it!!!!! esp when they dont have a job.

Utter utter fool and you would have no sympathy for getting in to deep water if you was in trouble after christmas

Did you read the op?
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    your kids wont thank you next year when you don't have the means to get by from one week to the next. the fact you are unable to support yourself without help from the taxpayer should draw you swiftly to the conclusion that you need to batten down the hatches and have a lean xmas but know that next year you wont have to keep paying for it at exorbitant rates,

all debt starts somewhere and it starts for you here. dont start the slippery slope.
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    sounds like you need to stop trying the lifestyle you cant afford, its the thought that counts
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    pelirocco wrote: »
    Did you read the op?

Yes i certainly did

More fool the people who follow her lead and then winge when they cant afford anythig in the new year
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • Malky
    Malky Posts: 694 Forumite
    No surprise the OP has disappeared after hearing what she didn't want to hear.
  • noah271007
    noah271007 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    You can get a lot for a relatively small amount of money to spend nowadays.
  • sp1987
    sp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    I cannot believe someone is asking for a loan to buy christmas presents....£500 at that!! Better the children learn what can and cannot be afforded now than end up disappointed next time around when the £500 cannot be borrowed and this £500 is still being paid back, with help from bailiffs taking away this years presents!

:rolleyes:
  • noah271007
    noah271007 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    Sounds like OP is desperate! £500 quid to spend on xmas is a lot by anyone standards! Kids should be taught to appreciate little things in life, most people in Uk are better off than most in the entire world.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure