Hawkshead closing down sale

Not all Hawkshead stores are closing - just those within Burtons stores.

I was in one yesterday and the prices are dropping faster than they can mark the items.

A lot of the clothes and shoes were marked with a 50% reduction but everything was 75% off once you got to the till.

Then the VAT was corrected.

So a £60 pair of shoes was marked £30 but only charged about £14.

Just checked their site and there's not as many of theses stores as I had thought:

Beverley within Burton Menswear
1-7 Toll Gavel, Beverley, North Humberside, HU17 9AA

Shrewsbury within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, 28-29A Pride Hill, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1DP

Buxton within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, Buxton Centre Developments, 23 Spring Gardens, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 6BJ

Norwich within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, 2-3a London Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1LH

Truro within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, 14-15 Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2QU
Tel: 01872 272428

Monmouth within Burton Menswear
c/o Burton, 48-56 Monmow Street, Monmouth, Wales, NP25 3EN
Tel: 01600 719189

Comments

• fatbelly wrote: »

Just checked their site and there's not as many of theses stores as I had thought:

Hawkshead is owned by one of the richest families in the UK, the Blacks. They also own regatta & craghoppers (where i work). Hawkshead in not going broke, just concentrating on mail order.
  • My mother purchased a "cheeky monkey" stroller 5 days ago, it wasn't suitable. I returned it to Toys r us, I didn't have the receipt, were quite happy to give me a credit note. Mum paid £29.99 and it is selling on the shelf at £29.99, they wanted to give me £24.99 as it was on sale over 4 weeks ago!!
    Where do I stand.....
  • noisyboy wrote: »
    My mother purchased a "cheeky monkey" stroller 5 days ago, it wasn't suitable. I returned it to Toys r us, I didn't have the receipt, were quite happy to give me a credit note. Mum paid £29.99 and it is selling on the shelf at £29.99, they wanted to give me £24.99 as it was on sale over 4 weeks ago!!
    Where do I stand.....

You need PROOF OF PURCHASE, a credit card statement or bank statement showing payment will do, instead of a receipt (no chance for cash payment). Without this you have have little choice.

What's this got to do with Hawkshead???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport