PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What does 'POA' mean on Rightmove sales ?

just always wanted to know - is it price on application or something similar? - and what are the implications of this??? thanks!!

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yep, it's Price on Application - but I don't know what the implications would be, possibly that the seller hasn't actually decided yet?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • neverdespairgirl
    neverdespairgirl Posts: 16,501 Forumite
    POA is price on application, yes. Often for very expensive places. Or repossessions.
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • dander
    dander Posts: 1,766
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yeah, price on application. I usually take that to mean more than I can afford!
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    wow - three replies in 5 minutes. I know you're all good, but THAT good! happy weekend peoples!
  • neverdespairgirl
    ...much enquiry having been made concerning a gentleman, who had quitted a company where Johnson was, and no information being obtained; at last Johnson observed, that 'he did not care to speak ill of any man behind his back, but he believed the gentleman was an attorney'.
  • neverdespairgirl
    wymondham wrote: »
    wow - three replies in 5 minutes. I know you're all good, but THAT good! happy weekend peoples!

When I'm good, I'm very, very good.

When I'm bad - I'm better.....
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,780
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It's easy to guess the price of them on rightmove anyway because they sit exactly where they would if they had the price showing - eg. if it's £250,000 then there it is sat with all the £250,000 houses.

Just look at the price of the houses above and below ;)
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • m00m00
    m00m00 Posts: 1,755 Forumite
    there are many properties in the north west though where they are set at POA

but their price on right move is set at about £10, so they always show at the front of listings when sorting by lowest
    It's a health benefit ...
  • napoleon
    napoleon Posts: 611 Forumite
    When like now house prices are dropping very quickly they can't figure out what price to put on it for so POA is the default option
  • Bf109
    Bf109 Posts: 634
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    P*ss Off Arent interested?
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rise like Lions after slumber
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.