Complaint Letter Successes

Options

Comments

• AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Options
    No
    I bought a pack of chapatis from ASDA yesterday. I went to open them this morning to make my daughters' lunches for school (they have them as wraps cos they're not as big as tortillas) and they were ALL stuck together. They just ripped when I tried to seperate them.

What should I do? Take them back to the shop, email them or somethng else???
  • vippymini
    vippymini Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    No
    As there are so many complainers here . has anyone got a good template letter to use for complaing?

i got to write to mcdonalds as the last 3 times my order is wrong as i dont always check while im there ..you do try to trust them . so i go home . problem is its a 2 mile drive each way . and not funny when you got a hungrey family

any tips please
  • thedarkness
    thedarkness Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I Complained to Kimberley Clarke about Andrex Toilet roll... There were no perforations in one roll, and got about £7 in vouchers back.

Also complained about Huggies Nappies and got about £10 back in vouchers.

Wrote a Complimentary letter to OzKleen about their Bath Power cleaner and got Two Large Bottles of two other products and about 30 leaflets with money off vouchers in the post the next day! :)
  • astonsmummy
    astonsmummy Posts: 14,219 Forumite
    Options
    I caught my finger in a petrol pump the other day - to me it was dangerous, i handnt even gripped on it properly, do you think it's worth writing a letter, i know its not faulty goods, but it bloody hurt, to the point where i cried the whole way home (sad i no)!!
    :j Baby boy Number 2, arrived 12th April 2009!:j
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Options
    No - but it should be moved to another board
    I've had several vouchers from Tesco customer services over the last few years for the following
    Last bag of crisps sealed into the multi-pack outer - happened several times
    Only 29 roses instead of advertised 30.
    Pull cans that wouldn't open.

Huggies have sent vouchers when the velcro pull tabs have just pulled off.

~And just remembered that we got a free night at Premier Travel Inns when we got appalling service in the restaurant. (They managed to get something wrong at evening meal, breakfast, morning coffee and lunch. At breakfast, they ran out of milk and still brought the pot of tea!!!)
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Procter and Gamble - got £5 worth of vouchers for Always products when I complained that some I bought hadn't been 'finished' properly.

Muller - Got £10 vouchers when I complained that a mullerlite tasted odd

Simmers - got a hamper selection when i complained about a hair baked into a biscuit

Royal Mail - I have had more books of first class books than i can remember for complaining about my terrible postal service
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 14/53 UU, 11 IN
  • Kylie
    Kylie Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    Procter and Gamble - got £5 worth of vouchers for Always products when I complained that some I bought hadn't been 'finished' properly.

Muller - Got £10 vouchers when I complained that a mullerlite tasted odd

Simmers - got a hamper selection when i complained about a hair baked into a biscuit

Royal Mail - I have had more books of first class books than i can remember for complaining about my terrible postal service

Not fair with royal mail!! I called them, wrote to them, emailed them over and over again because we had missing mail constantly AND the wrong mail delivered EVERY DAY.!!! I got NOTHING!!!!

In fact: I got a letter telling me I should have a number put on the front door of my house bcause apparently i didn't. But I did!!! It was large and clear and no-one could miss it!! Boo hiss!! I want my stamps!!! (good for you though BTW ;) )
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No
    i am a bit of a complainer myself and in these days of emails its even easier.. my latest successes are :-

a free night in a superior room at the hilton brighton metropole cos i said the room we had a few weeks ago was not up to what i had expected of a hilton.. i even got free wine and chocs in the room and breakfast

3 free bottles of wine from tesco as i complained about a rude member of staff when i pointed out there were jars on the shelf with mould on them

a free coffee for my friends and i as we had to wait so long to pay

refund from earls court over the debacle that was santa world this year

previous years i have complained alpen had changed its fruit/oat ratio and got £10 in vouchers

i have to say i also write and compliment people on good service as well as complain and i never make anything up... i dont think you can have a standard complaint letter but always be polite and point out any positives as well as negatives

HTH
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • bigspender2
    bigspender2 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    No
    vippymini wrote:
    As there are so many complainers here . has anyone got a good template letter to use for complaing?

i got to write to mcdonalds as the last 3 times my order is wrong as i dont always check while im there ..you do try to trust them . so i go home . problem is its a 2 mile drive each way . and not funny when you got a hungrey family

any tips please

phone mcdonalds once u get home and complain, they will take a note of ur name and when u go next time u will get it free, thats what i do and it always works
  • eggey
    eggey Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    No - but the title needs to change
    They used to have a weekly slot on Big Breakfast about this like 10 years ago explaining faulty products, what to do, and the responses.

One complaint letter I remember fondly was when a mother wrote to Bassets as one of the Jelly Beans her 3 year old was all deformed and looked like he was trying to eat his own head or something. Random... but the mother sent in the baby and complained and she was sent a giant box of jelly beans, a couple of t-shirts and a set of 4 cinema tickets "to enjoy the jelly-beans at" which I though is dead nice, although, like most jelly babies are deformed so not sure if this would be the case now. My mum also had a broken hoover piece when she bought a second hand Dyson. She wrote to Dyson and they set her a whole new set of the pieces which was also nice of them, even though she explained she wasn't the original owner!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure