how do you make a lattice notice board?

Hi
i'm after something like this: http://www.gltc.co.uk/fcp/product/-/room_accessories_furnishing_accessories/Gingham-Heart-Notice-Board/670
and i don't want to pay that kind of money so i think i'll have to make one. I'm sure i saw a photo of a homemade one on this board but i can't find it now, can anyone point me in the right direction please?
thanks very much
jbbonce
:j Baby bonce was born on Christmas morning after a ridiculously short labour and no pain relief! If only losing the baby weight was as easy!:T

Comments

• Icewytch
    Icewytch Posts: 134 Forumite
    Take a piece of mdf or other board of the size you want, and cover it with a piece of foam or smoothed out kapok (pillow stuffing :) )
    Then stretch over a pretty piece of fabric so that it tucks around the back of the board, pulling fairly tight, and staple in place.
    Take half inch wide ribbons and stapling at the edge of the back of the board first, stretch each piece diagonally across the board, tuck under around the back of the opposite end, and staple in place. Do the same with other ribbon till you have as much going one way diagonally as you want.
    Then do the same the other way, weaving this lot of ribbon over and under the already stapled ribbon.
    Hope that helps, I`m rushing so this is probably garbled but it`s the general idea and how I made mine. :)
  • maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • jbbonce
    jbbonce Posts: 256 Forumite
    thanks very much to all three of you, i'm looking forward to making it this weekend.
    :j Baby bonce was born on Christmas morning after a ridiculously short labour and no pain relief! If only losing the baby weight was as easy!:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure