PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi all and a big welcome to all the newbies :wave:

B - wm toast spread with yogurt and a scrape of marmalade
    L - mixed veg (red & yellow peppers, 1/4 sliced onion, mushrooms, aubergine, grated carrot) omelette
    Supper - out to friends, not sure but think it's chilli and curry so will have some fruit before I go so I'm not tempted to eat too much!
    Snacks - satsuma, melon, banana
    Exercise - 1/2 hour pulm, 10 mins step, only managed 3 mins weights :o but will build up to 10 mins

Have a good rest of the day, and a Very Happy New Year to everyone :)
  • Afternoon All

I've had a busy day with trips back and forth and have work later. I've also cooked lunch as I shall be working later and prepared a stew for tomorrow's meal.

B: Greek yoghurt with raspberries.
    L: Sparerib pork chop with peas and spinach (creamed with garlic and onions). More Greek yoghurt - this time with a spoonful of HM lemon curd stirred in.
    T: Egg mayonnaise salad (packed and ready to take to work).

Lots of sugar free squash throughout the day.

No chocolates or extras today as I want to be as light as possible for tomorrow's weigh in - when I have pledged to pay DH £10 for every lb over my lightest weight this year that I am. He was going to pay me £10 for any pounds under I had managed but that isn't going to happen. I am still happy though as I am 3 and a half stone lighter than I was at this time last year and only have around half a stone to go to reach target.

Exercise: I have had 3 separate trips into the village today so far - to chemist for DH, to supermarket for bread and then up to work to drop off a sandwich for DS. After I walk to work later it will have added up to 3.6 miles which isn't bad as I was counting today as a rest day from exercise ready for a run tomorrow.

Welcome to all the new hopefuls as well as saying hi to all the old faces.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • PJ1
    PJ1 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Hi All,
    I am currently losing fat & lbs by using wartime type recipes, I have a few books of them. What I'd like to know is, is Victory Cookbook the same as Feeding The Nation? I have Victory & if they are different I shall purchase Feeding the Nation next week. I only ask as they are both written by M. Patten. Thanks.
    PJ
  • ragz wrote: »
    Useful Links For Old Style Weight Loss

MSE links
    OldStyle Healthy recipes threads
    Menu Plans Collection

Outside Links

Free food/calorie tracking
    My Fitness Pal (iphone and android apps as well as online)
    MyNetDiary
    Caloriecount
    The rest on google

Free printable food diary
    Printable portion guide

NHS healthy eating website
    BMI calculator

If you find a useful link please post it and I'll add it to this list.

I've put these links into post 2 so that they're readily available to everyone :) please drop me a PM if you'd like them altering at all.
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • blondy24
    blondy24 Posts: 702 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2011 at 6:14PM
    Ragz - Please can I join I will start on the 6th Jan (my birthday :j)

Still not doing too well today as having an indian takeaway tonight so over 1,700 calories. Have signed up for my fitness pal thanks Penelope will be using this as of today...

I will aim for 10lbs.

Thanks x
  • Hi everyone.......... can I join too?

Not sure what I weigh but I know it's too much and creeping up. I'd like to say it's the menopause but I wouldn't be kidding anyone least of all myself! I eat too much....... there, I've said it. I like all food and love red wine. You can count on one hand the foods I don't like (if you count all spicy food as 1) :)

I'm 50 next month :eek: and it's made me think very hard about how unhealthy I could be if I don't shift my weight. I'm asthmatic but apart from that I have very good physical health but why tempt fate?

Soooo, the only way is healthy eating but LESS OF IT! And more exercise while I'm at it. I'll aim for 20lbs and I promise to get a new battery for my digital scales before the 6th.

Onward and downwards........
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The Rosemary Conley tv website might be helpful to someone? There are clips for recipes, exercise and general motivation.

Oh, and I've just checked my BMI using the NHS BMI checker thing and I'm officially overweight, on the way to obese... Not a good feeling at this point, but it's just the incentive that I need and the kick up the bottom that is required.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Cordy
    Cordy Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi, could I sign up to lose 7lbs please? I want to concentrate on getting fit (couch to 5k) and am hoping the weight will come off slowly without major changes to my eating habits, which aren't too bad anyway. I've downloaded the free app "cardio trainer", and in two days have apparently burned off 330 extra calories. When I get to 3500 calories, that should be a 1lb weight loss. Oh well, I'll just try it and see
  • Hello Everyone:wave:

I'd like to join too. I think I'm about 14 stone - will brave the scales later to check. Got some health issues just now that are slowing me down. Meant to be resting, but only tend to lose weight through exercise. Hopefully joining in here will help me to focus - and less weight might improve the health too.

Main downfall is cheese. I'll cut down, but probably giving it up completely would lead to misery.

Aim for challenge = 10 lbs to get me started in the right direction.

Meanwhile Happy New Year everyone :beer:
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    I don't know about my eating today. It's all gone wrong really, without even meaning it to.

On waking - cup of tea
    breakfast - 1 slice toast with butter

Then all day food shopping, dog for a walk and then park with kids on their bikes. I'd had no lunch at all.
    DH made a lovely sunday lunch, my plate was full and I ate the lot. I was really lovely.

Sat here now with a hot choc but I don't drink so that is my new year tipple.

All the best for 2012 everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport