Recycling Epson Cartridges

Does anyone know where I could recycle Epson cartridges (Epson Photo R800)? All the freepost bags I've seen exclude Epson.

Comments

• I tried to speak to someone in Epson about this, but got fed up being on hold :mad:

I know that a lot of companies won't take them as they can't recycle them, but I don't know why!

Sorry!
  • thriftyjo
    thriftyjo Posts: 281 Forumite
    https://www.eco-office-supplies.co.uk they recycle all cartridges and any profit is given to the charity SENSE Epson cartridges can't be recycled as in remanufactured but they can be broken down into their basic parts as much as possible to be recycled - problem is there is no profit in this! If you email them I'm sure they will send you some of their freepost recycling bags as they have done for other people on here.
  • Thank you, I've emailed them.
  • Graham_Devon
    Graham_Devon Posts: 58,560
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Epson and certain other cartridges cannot be recycled because they are just a plastic tank. The ones that can be recycled normally have an inbuilt printhead. Therefore, can be refilled and sold again, after the printhead has been tested and cleaned up etc.

It's also the reason as to why epsons are so cheap to manufacture and sell.
  • HugoSP
    HugoSP Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    I have an Epson Photo Stylus with a 5 colour print cartrige. Are their any 5 colour kits out there?

If we can't recycle them we may as well refill them.
    Behind every great man is a good woman
    Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
    £2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:
  • I have sent our old Epson cartridges via the plastic bags you can get in Tesco. To be honest I never checked to see if they accepted Epson ones!
  • I emailed Eco-Office Supplies and they said they recycle any cartridge and are sending me some bags to send my used Epson cartridges back in. All they ask is that I consider them when next buying cartridges. The compatible Epson R800 cartridges are £1.95 each.
  • thriftyjo
    thriftyjo Posts: 281 Forumite
    HugoSP wrote:
    I have an Epson Photo Stylus with a 5 colour print cartrige. Are their any 5 colour kits out there?

If we can't recycle them we may as well refill them.

I tried this a few years ago, got mine from a computer market - think they saw me coming ... when I got home couldn't put the thing together - then one of my friedns told me that there were major bits missing! I hasd spent a small fortune (anything with a £ is a fortune to me)

But as you say if they can't be recycled it is probably worth trying to get them refilled. Think I will ask about this when I next need ink,
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,936
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cartridge World are very good at re-filling cartridges for you. I don't DIM since a nasty accident with black ink and my favourite pink trousers ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_Sue wrote:
    Cartridge World are very good at re-filling cartridges for you. I don't DIM since a nasty accident with black ink and my favourite pink trousers ...

LOL sounds like we have had a simialr experience only mine ended up being carpet!:mad:

Do they refill Epson cartridges ? I'm sure I was told they don't ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure