Ebay incorrect size sent

Hi some advice would be good.

I purchased and item via ebay which was a size 14

The dress arrived via recorded delivery but upon,opening a size 10 had been sent.

I contacted the seller who told me to return it for a replacement and for refund of return postage.

Then nothing, no replacement, no contact.

I have opened a case on both ebay and pay pal, the seller keeps trying to get me to call her rather than replying, she says she has sent a replacement but has not provided any details for it. Her feedback suggests she is abusive on the phone, it appears she sends out incorrect goods from time to time.

Will I get my money back?

Comments

• lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2010 at 10:31PM
    how did you send it back recorded etc? If you did then put in a pp claim they will ask you to send it back (tracked) which you've already done and enter the tracking no which should get you your refund.

If you've sent it back standard(not tracked) and they aren't replying to you i would still open a dispute with pp for item not recieved as you haven't got what you paid for and i strongly suspect this seller is going to say she didn't get the returned dress when if fact she probably did.

If neither of those work did you keep your proof of posting as you could claim of rm if it has gone missing in the post
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    She has says she has got the returned item, but won't respond to anything regarding the replacement.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Lottebear, we can't help unless you answer the question put by lindseykim13.
    how did you send it back recorded etc?
  • macfly
    macfly Posts: 2,728 Forumite
    That question is not relevant as the poster has said the seller has received return and sent replacement. Providing you have kept those emails, you will get your money back, though maybe not your return postage if the seller turns awkward.
  • Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    Thanks

I shall have to wait until 8th May before asking to ebay to resolve, I have been using ebay for both buying and selling, and never have a I come across someone like this.:eek:
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    ifonlyitwaseasier Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    macfly wrote: »
    That question is not relevant as the poster has said the seller has received return and sent replacement. Providing you have kept those emails, you will get your money back, though maybe not your return postage if the seller turns awkward.

actually it is very relevent as without proof of delivery the seller will get away with keeping the item and not giving a refund,
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• kprigg
    kprigg Posts: 718 Forumite
    I had a similar situation recently. I returned the item before opening a dispute as the seller seemed good. As soon ast he item was received they went very quiet on me.
    I opened a Paypal dispute & entered the tracking number immediately. Then I phoned Payo
    pal & they checked the delivery details on the phone & I got an immediate refund.
    Hoping you sent it back recorded so you can do the same. If you sent it back in normal post then you will have more of a fight on your hands.
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    macfly wrote: »

pp don't care about emails in my experience you'll need a tracking no.

Thats why i'd open an item not recieved claim instead as then the seller has to prove a parcel was even ever sent. Not totally honest but in this situation the seller is being an a-hole.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure