O2 wants £350 deposit?

2»

Comments

• gulife
    gulife Posts: 94 Forumite
    Hi,

What kind of phone are you ordering? That could also be the problem, if it is a very expensive model, they may want a higher deposit due to your 'new' address. You could order direct from o2 instead, or go into an o2 store, that way, they can discuss your options, rather than you going through, and i'm guessing, a rebate offer.
  • abbas5001
    abbas5001 Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for your advice everyone and rebecca, gulife and fiish. I think i am going to call them tomorrow and tell them its ok to tke the £350 and just go ahead with it.

Just out of interest - does anyone know how long it takes to change your address for your credit file on experian and/or electoral register address? As i could potentially just change it and then re-order and hopefully, i won't have to pay.
  • gulife
    gulife Posts: 94 Forumite
    abbas5001 wrote: »
    Thanks for your advice everyone and rebecca, gulife and fiish. I think i am going to call them tomorrow and tell them its ok to tke the £350 and just go ahead with it.

Just out of interest - does anyone know how long it takes to change your address for your credit file on experian and/or electoral register address? As i could potentially just change it and then re-order and hopefully, i won't have to pay.

I am guessing, that if you change your address on electorial roll, it takes 30 days, as they update usually once a month at the beginning of the month. This will be reflected through your credit file in the same timescale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure